web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Aspire M with PRI trunking and in-skin VM. Originally set up for a single tenant who has now had to sublet some of their space to another firm. I'm trying to get the new firm's DID number to always ring their phone and then go to their own VM box. Right now it works during the day (phone rings, goes to VM on busy/NA) but gets intercepted by the original tenant's auto-attendant once the system switches to night mode (either automatically or if forced by dialing a service code).

I've tried moving the line to another tenant group and another night service group without luck. I've looked at giving the line a new class of service (we only use 1 and 15 now) and denying them night service but that seems pretty weak.

I've got PCPro7.13 and the UltraMail software. Sadly I can't seem to get UM to do a trace in realtime of the call routing but I can monitor the VM ports and try to catch the action that way.

What am I missing?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You have to assign the DID numbers in the translation table area that has been assign to night mode

We get old too soon, smart too late
OP Offline
Thanks for the pointer. I should have been clearer in my initial post that I didn't build the configuration I'm working with. I understand the basic concepts of a data-driven customization but my primary related experience is 5ESS CO ODA for CLECs.

I have 3 conversion table areas defined - 1-200, 201-400, and 401-1000. My understanding is that there are 2000 table slots total, potentially divided into 20 table areas. Assuming only two of the possible 8 "night" states are used, this means I should find an odd setting for the extension in question within the range 201-400. Indeed, the DID map for the outside number in question points to 600 (VM), not the matching extension. I've changed it to the same value as the daytime DID table. Is that all I need do? And exactly where is the map between "night" states and the DID table areas?

Don't be too confused. In the programming you will see the tables in 2 spots a first and a secondary. Normally what you do is set either the first or second area with did's that will only goto phones and never change and the OTHER table to those that do change ie...

Table 1

First 1-200 Second 201-400

Table 2

First 1-200 Second 401-600

You then assign those table to the day/night mode that you are using and they are assign by trunk group as well.

Don't worry, I follow a TON of techs that don't grasp this after installing 100's of systems. They will literally do the entire DID block again and again when you don't have to.

OP Offline
Thanks to the pointers provided in this thread, I was able to reconfigure the night service routing as desired.

I gather that if there isn't an entry in the DID table for the night mode, the routing continues to use the DID routing for the day mode. What I found was that in one case the night mode route was directly to 600 (VM), while for another DID number the night mode routed to a virtual extension. I assume this was done to allow that extension to have a different greeting message for calls received after hours and that with the right VM tricks the actual recorded messages could be combined in one MB.

I'm still not sure I know where to look to find the mapping that links a night mode (Aspire M has 8 total) to a DID routing table. Is this something I can change or is night mode N always associated with DID routing table N?

It's under DID to trunk group area in incomming.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,385 Shoretel
189,097 CTX100 install
187,414 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (newtecky), 137 guests, and 365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024