web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#243523 04/18/10 01:44 PM
OP Offline
Customer has an Aspire M with PRI trunking. Due to business conditions they have subleased some space to a tenant and assigned them a block of numbers in our DID range. However, when tenant calls out, the party they call receives the CID info of the main business, not the DID of the tenant as desired. This results in customer confusion as they don't recognize the CID and often won't answer. If they do answer, they then associate the CID info with the tenant and are surprised when they call back and get the main business.

I know the Aspire should be able to pass the desired CID info via Q.931 signaling on the PRI but my attempts to set it up either fail to change the CID presented or cause the outbound call setup to fail. Any suggestions on things to check on the Aspire?

Do I need something like FGD on the far end of the PRI to make this work? Is there any way to view the Q.931 signaling exchange between the Aspire and the CO without something like the old T-BERD 224?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Carrier must allow it AND have those DID numbers setup correctly. I mean there are really only a couple places to setup outbound CID. ISDN caller ID for station and this in COS somewhere CLIP or something like that.

Look at programs 21-12 and 21-13. They allow you to assign the outbound number based on either trunk number, or extesnion number. If you assign the calling number you want in 21-13, then you also need to turn on the feature in Class of Service, program 20-08-13.

OP Offline
I've checked all the related Aspire settings I can find and I'm still not seeing my DID numbers showing up as CID (still seeing PBX main number - ported, not in DID range). In addition to the settings pointed out by Toolie, I've checked 10-03-05 and 15-01-04. I've populated 21-12 for all 23 of my PRI trunks (using main PBX number) and 21-13 for those DID numbers that I want the DID number to be used. I'm assuming the format is the standard 10 digits with no extra characters (e.g. 6305551234). Any other tips or tricks on the Aspire side? Any easy (I don't have PRI test set) way to see the call setup messages to verify that I'm sending the CO what I should be?

I'd rather be certain my ducks are all in line before I talk to the carrier. I do know that the CO is (was?) a GlobalCom (now First Communications) DMS-500. Any DMS tricks - I'm assuming they are using NI-2 and not the Nortel-specific ISDN.

If I don't hear anything more here then I'll act on Coral Tech's suggestion and see if the CO is set up to handle what I'm trying to do.

I think you can prove your case if you change the number in 21-12 on at least one line, then make an outbound call using that line. If the phone system is providing the ID info - you should see the new number, if you don't - then I think the issue must be with the carrier.

I had a similar situation some time ago and that was how I proved to myself where the outound CID was coming from.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,384 Shoretel
189,090 CTX100 install
187,414 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 153 guests, and 387 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024