Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Sounds like a modem connected on the line somewhere...alarm or computer.....not necessarily in YOUR premises.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
In order to resolve this one, a trace might need to be done on the bogus calls to see where they're coming from.

Because there are ways to manipulate originating phone numbers (PRI/ISDN service for example), the originating ANI should be taken with a grain of salt.

I Love FEATURE 00
Do you have any VOIP lines? E911 can be programmed to show any address. :shrug:

I've seen PBXes go to 911 when someone tries to dial a long distance number (9+1-800-555-1212) and they fat-finger the 1. ("panic" 9+11 = 911). You can take the "panic 9+11" out of dialing and just leave 9+911, but there's liability if someone can't dial 911 when they need to.

Also, there's a local hotel that won't upgrade their inside wire, even though room 111 keeps getting calls because of bad, shorting wiring. (Workaround while figuring out what extension shorts out: changed the room to x.5111 and made x.111 go to a mailbox, with "press 3 to reach room 111" in the menu).

So, yeah, wiring is a good bet; E911 is worth checking.

Oh... do you have kids? Cats?

OP Offline
I've had the number for roughly a year now.

No kids, no cats.

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Any updates?

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
i used to be a dispatcher at a police department, and rainy days were the worst for this activity. the rain would start and then in come 911 calls with nothing but static and an address. we would get responses like "i don't have a home phone line" or they would tell officers that they don't even have a phone connected to the phone line. your best bet is to have all the wiring checked out. there is something wrong there.

Getting a "rotary" 9 and then a 1 and another 1 would be quite coincidental. The 911 responses at 6:10AM and 1AM, do you live somewhere where it rains only at night or is very humid? I have seen spiderwebs cause static in Oregon during cooler times with the higher humidity. Since you say you haven't received calls and calls made have static, it almost sounds like a wet line. Is it better during the day? Get your telco involved, they can prove it to be in-house or outside.
Good luck, let us all know.

Willing to share what I've learned in my past 40 years dealing with both ends of the phone line. Competent (Ihope) on Norstar, competent on Harris 20-20.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,873
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,736 Shoretel
189,803 CTX100 install
187,939 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Andyreed), 116 guests, and 309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024