Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Greetings,

We have three groups within the same building all using the same NEAX 2000 IPS. (NEC Univerge NEAX 2000 IPS w/ NEAXMail IM-16 LX v9.0)

Each Group has their own direct dial phone number.

Group A is the primary for the building with an Auto Attendant enabled.

Earlier this year we had the vendor enable an Auto Attendant for Group B and a separate Auto Attendant for Group C.

When I access system manager options, I can manage Group A’s Auto Attendant.

What is the procedure to access the Auto Attendant for Group B and Group C so that I can modify the outgoing messages for each?

Thanks,

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Group B and Group C's AAs will each have their own mailbox number. If you can discover this number for each of them, simply log into that mailbox and make the changes.

If it is a "transaction box" -- I'm basing this on the old AD-16 VM -- you should be able to log into the voicemail box that "owns" the transaction box, and then select "leave a message" and enter the mailbox number of the transaction box.

i.e. AA for B is 500, owned by ext. 110 (messages left at 500 go into 110's mailbox).

Log into 110, select "leave a message" "500." Follow prompts to hear, re-record, edit message.

Your vendor should have left detailed instructions. The receptionist probably has them. If not, contacting your vendor is a great idea.

OP Offline
The vendor did not leave any instructions on how to access the secondary AA's.

I found the Transaction Box name and system ID's for Group B and Group C's AA. Sandy Simmons is the owner for both.

I'll probably have to pay the vendor to make the changes since I don't know the code for Sandy Simmons' VM. The vendor just quoted me $190 to change the greeting.

Since I am a System Manager for the primary AA/VM, is there an option I can change in NEAXMail to gain access to the other Transaction Boxes?

Yes. Sandy Simmons should be the system manager. Go into the System Manager mailbox, select "leave a message," and enter the number of the secondary AA. This should log you in.

(Also, as System manager, if the Sandy Simmons mailbox is NOT the system administrator (i.e. someone changed it), you can delete the passcode on the Sandy Simmons mailbox. Be sure that you put in a new passcode immediately! Never leave a naked mailbox!)

You can also use a laptop, 9-pin null-modem cable, and a copy of CoSessions, but that's more complicated.

CoSessions will not work on an LX voice mail...

OP Offline
When I access VM from my extension I first get access to my person VM. After I choose no to "would you like to access setup options," I get:
Would you like to access System Manager options?
When I choose yes, none of the options I hear after that are to "leave a message."

Is there a keystroke I should enter after getting into System Manager options that's not verbally announced?

I can't touch the PIN for Sandy Simmons since that's the primary access for our vendor.

Well, you have a choice of blowing away the Sandy Simmons passcode and then logging into that mailbox, or just paying the vendor.

"Leave any messages?" comes before the "access setup options?" question. For it to work as intended, you have to be in the mailbox that owns the t-box.

Call your vendor. It's for the best.

You are accessing YOUR mailbox which is an admin. You need to access SANDY SIMMONS box which is the OWNER of the transaction boxes.

Call the vendor and request the passcode, it's your system, they can't say no. Well, I guess they can, but if they did I would get a new vendor.

D

OP Offline
I've put in a call to our vendor to get the changes done by them. I'll also ask for the Sandy Simmons passcode, and find out what shift in responsibility that entails.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Quote..."it's your system, they can't say no. Well, I guess they can"

If they do, sue the @$$ off them!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,821
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,484 Shoretel
189,237 CTX100 install
187,557 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 8
jsaad 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 103 guests, and 98 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024