web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have a NEC Electra 48/192 phone system that only used the auto attendant feature both in day and night mode. When a call came in, the auto attendant allowed users to push a button for the company directory, access a known extension by dialing it directly, or press 0 which would zero out and ring all phones in the building.

We have since hired a receptionist and I have disabled the auto attendant. Now when a call comes in on either of the 8 lines they ring a her phone. If the receptionist doesn't answer, the caller is then transferred to the receptionist voice mail and asked to leave a message. The system is doing everything that I needed it to do.

Today, I was informed that a change is needed and I am not sure if it is at all possible.

PROBLEM: When a call comes in and the receptionist cannot answer it (away from desk)mgmt no longer wants the receptionist voicemail to answer, they would like the auto attendant voicemail to take over allowing the caller to select the company directory, an extension , or zero out to all phones. Can this be done? I am completely stumped on this and could use some help.

Thanks
playmech

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Yes, Use Delay Ringing to Voice Mail MB:4-01 for Day and 4-02 for Night.

"The Only Stupid Question, Is the Question Thats not Asked."
OP Offline
OK, I tried setting the day mode only and it did not work as I had hoped. I only reached the receptionist local voicemail and not the auto attendant voicemail.

At MB 4-01 I set CO line LEDs 1-8 to red on ports 1 and 2 which were all green. This set a delay ring which caused an incoming call to flash at the CO key but not ring. After a few seconds the phone started ringing. I set a delay ring and not the auto attendant??

Thanks for your rapid reply

Turn the Lights red on the Voice Mail Port Number.You can find the port number of the VM in MB:4-10.

OP Offline
OK, I set LKs 1-8 (COs) red on port 49, our voicemail port at MB 4-01. Cannot test now but do I need to disable/remove the receptionists' own voicemail recording at all? or should I just leave that alone.

You can Leave that alone, as long as the Call Forward No/Answer Timer is not shorter than the delay Ring timer.

OP Offline
At MB 01-04-13 (which sets the Amount of time delay before the Automated Attendant will answer incoming calls) is set to default:04s

I have no idea what MB sets the BNA timer as I do not have all the pages/manuals to look this up.

MB:1-2-22 For Call Forward No Answer Timer.

OP Offline
Alright, found it. So the delay timer is set to 4s and the BNA timer is 18s. This should work? I will test when I get in today.

Thanks for your help you have been great! I will let you know if I have any problems or if the issue is resolved...

:thumb:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,905 Shoretel
190,023 CTX100 install
188,225 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 6
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 69 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024