web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
OK, so I bought a used NEC DCU-60 add on console for our receptionist on Ebay. The unit did not come with a power supply and I was told it came from a working system (then why was I not sold the power supply with the unit??) I found a seller online that has them new for $35 the same cost I paid for the add on console.

Problem #1 I have no documentation on this

Problem #2 When plugged into the power supply and a phone line nothing lights up and there is no display that gives any indication that this thing works.

Question #1 Does the add on console needed an entirely separate phone line that runs to it? Or, can I use a splitter off the line from the phone?

Question #2 Are there any programming MB's that must be changed so that the unit becomes active? If so, which ones?

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Add on console needs its own station port.
What programming you will need depends on what system you have.

We get old too soon, smart too late
OP Offline
I have an Electra Elite 48/192

OP Offline
Can the port be any port or does it have to be ports 1 or 2, the attendant ports?

The DSS can connect to any digital port but it needs to be defined as a DSS in programming.

Then you'll need to access programming to assign the buttons.

D

And buying on ebay is a big risk...

Online Content
Originally posted by playmech:
I have an Electra Elite 48/192
It will also need a power supply in that case..

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Step one, get the correct documentation. You won't get step by step programming here. You will get the MB's to program. Send me a PM if you want support via the phone. You should ask for parts & info here before buying elsewhere. I bet you would have been given the correct items & more importantly the correct info, for much less.

OP Offline
Thanks guys for your input. I am fairly new to the forum as I have taken over for the previous IT Manager, so I really don't know what to expect here. On the other hand, all techs/gurus etc. who have been giving advice and or tech support to me the last few weeks, THANKS! I will come here first before buying, that's for sure. Well, time to get a phone cord long 'nuff now to reach the add-on console.

OP Offline
OK, I have the add-on console assigned to its' own port and powered up. I assigned the first 48 buttons to the phone extensions. Now, when an employee uses the phone the red LED comes on to show that extension is in use.

PROBLEM: I cannot use any of the 48 buttons on the add-on console to directly dial individual extensions. I pickup the handset and press the the corresponding ext key and nothing happens. I must be missing a program step?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,812
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,378 Shoretel
189,081 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (paulw), 129 guests, and 427 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024