Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#245106 10/24/10 09:55 PM
OP Offline
I am having two problems on an Elite 48 at our church. The system has the following ETUs installed:
Slot 2 - Empty - programmed as MIFM
Slot 3 - ESI(8) - Ports 9-16
Slot 4 - COID(8) - CO1-4
Slot 5 - Empty - NON
Slot 6 - ESI(8) - Ports 21-28
Slot 7 - FMS(2) - Ports 17-20
CAR Keys assigned to Ports 45-48

Problem 1: Ports 21 and 28 will not work. Measured voltage at 31v on them and 26v on all others. Replaced ESI(8) with no change. Note that Port 21 was used with a SLT which I changed to TEL for DTU-8D. Port 28 had never been used.

Problem 2: Installed another ESI(8) into Slot 5 as a workaround for Problem 1. MB 7-1 for Slot 5 shows ERR when I change it from NON to ESI(8). I plan to set it to Ports 29-37.

I have the hardware & programming manuals for this system and have been able to upgrade it until now. Do I need to set the card type before I install it? I don't think it would let me do that anyway.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ike

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

First Back up the System, Then You'll need to Delete Slot 6 first before Programming slot 5. As it Stands right now you have reached the system port Limit.

"The Only Stupid Question, Is the Question Thats not Asked."
OP Offline
Originally posted by Rickman:
First Back up the System, Then You'll need to Delete Slot 6 first before Programming slot 5. As it Stands right now you have reached the system port Limit.
Rickman.....Thanks for the fast response. I agree that with 3 ESI(8) ETUs installed I have reached the port limit but I don't think I have exceeded it. Is that correct?

What is the best/easiest way to back up the system? Do I need to obtain CoSessions software for that purpose?

Lastly...We need to add 6 ports for phones in daycare rooms which is why I am adding the third ESI(8) ETU. Are you suggesting removing Slot 6 ESI(8) first, adding Slot 5 ESI(8) and setting its ports to 29-37, then readding Slot 6 ESI(8) back in as ports 21-28?

Again...Thanks for your help! This site is a Godsend!
Ike

To back up the System You need SAT Programing Software. You will not be able to add another 6 Ports to this System because Your at 48 Ports as the System is Configured. 48 Ports Include Co Ports Voice Mail Ports as well. If the Customer can live without Voice Mail, Then You add another ESI. Other than that, This maybe Your Chance to Up Grade them.

OP Offline
Rickman....that is a real bummer. So if I replaced the COID(8) with a COID(4) would that free up enough ports for the third ESI(8)?

I checked the CDs that I received the manuals on and the SAT software is on there. It does appear that I would need an MIFM card to use it though.

Any idea why ports 21 and 28 are not working?

Thanks again,
Ike

OP Offline
Rickman,
How am I already out of ports? Here is what I currently have:

mainboard ESI(8) - 8
Slot 3 ESI(8) - 8
Slot 4 COID(8) - 8
Slot 6 ESI(8) - 8
Slot 7 FMS(2) - 4
CAR Keys - 4

That adds to 40 I think! What am I missing?

Thanks,
Ike

Unfortunetly changing the COI(8) to a (4) won't work. The System alots 8 Port's Per Slot,(4) or (8).
Yes That is Correct You'll Need an MIF card to Program The CPU with the SAT Program

OP Offline
So we either give up voicemail (not a chance) or Call Appearance Keys which will probable cause other problems as well.

Any suggestions on why ports 21 and 28 don't work?

Thanks again,
Ike

Since you do not have a MIFM yet I would try swapping the ESI cards and make sure the issue does not follow the card. Next I would either try a new tail or swap the tails and test to make sure it is not a bad tail on the system. Lastly I would back the system up then default the system and see if the issue exist when the system is default, If it does not work when the system has been defaulted and everything else tested you have a bad back plane to your system.

Good Luck

Maximum station ports on a 48 is 32. You would have to delete Vmail and your SIE keys.

16 trunks + 32 stations = 48 port capacity.

Time to upgrade.

Find an E-192 or an IPK system for sale online, you can use the same phones & cards.

D

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,810
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,377 Shoretel
189,077 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Carl Navarro, nortelvoip), 147 guests, and 422 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024