web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi,
I have NEC SV8100 system installed in our company. our clients also connects to this system. now, one of our clients wants to restrict international call from their office, but they want some codes to push if they want to make international calls.
I called to our dealer and their technician made some configuration to the system and made dial block. we can enable and disable dial block on digital phones. but I notice just now that all analog phones cannot make international call even if I disable the dial block.

here are the changes that the technician made to our system:
20-08-06 enable toll restriction override
20-09-01 change toll restriction class to "2"
21-06-07 put "00" on table entry dial digits table entry 01

please help me how to make this work

Always expect the unexpected!!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Online Content
Admin
Is this a trick question?

Since I didn't build the tables or change the COS on the extensions, I don't know. What did your installer say?

Carl

OP Offline
I can't contact the technician. but I called their company and they say that they will call me back when their technician is available. but on my side, it seems to me that their technician don't have that much experience in programming this type of system. it took him much time only for this one and it didn't really go well.

since I have access to our system, I can make some changes to it. I have little experience in PBX system but not in NEC. my boss is pushing me to make this one and it's kinda urgent. I was thinking of removing the last configuration and go back from the start on how to make call restriction but I need guidance from the experienced persons before I make a move.

So let me understand this.

You paid for a technician to come out and restrict international calls and set up an over-ride code.

The tech made some program changes and left without getting it to work.

Now you are waiting for him or someone else to come fix it.

You need to call a new company. That's unacceptable service. If the tech was certified he could call for support if he couldn't figure it out on his own.

OP Offline
I just called the technician this morning and he connect remotely to my desktop to reconfigure the system. he still insist on dial block but he still couldn't make it work right. now all telephones can still make international call after 3 hours of configuration.

@dohart
we usually get lousy service out here because our office site is in the middle of the desert.

@pbxengineer6
your procedure seems to work, I can get dial tone after the dialing code+pin+internal dial tone+9.

something in the configuration allows all extension to call international call and I couldn't find where to disable it.

we will be having remote session this afternoon again and let's see what will happen.

If you don't want all extensions to call overseas change their class of service which denies overseas calls, then use toll restriction override. Try this out.

Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
Originally posted by pbxengineer6:
Hi

Basically A command will permanently disable overseas calls and. You need walking class of service, revert to old settings and follow these procedure.

Toll Restriction Override

1. Set up toll restriction class for all extensions.

2. Set up walking toll restrict dial access code.

3. Make sure that Toll restrict override is set to ON per class of service.

4. : Toll restriction override timer. Default 10 seconds. This is the time the system waits for you to dial after entering the override code before restrict is applied again.
5: Enter walking PIN. 6 Digits in length (Max 500 entries)

6.: Enter toll class for this PIN (toll restriction applied after dialing pin)

7. Make sure IT is turned on to output the PIN ID in the SMDR.

8. To test. Dial access code + PIN+ get internal dial tone + dial 9 / 0 plus the outside number.
Edited because it was beyond end user programming

OP Offline
nothing works after their their configuration yesterday and today. now they decided to come here tomorrow to reset the system and reconfigure back to working one.
3 technicians already tried but none worked. I guess I have no choice but to let them reset the system after all those wasted times.

anyway, thanks for the replies. I can use this as reference for future use.
Thanks......

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,813 Shoretel
188,970 CTX100 install
187,204 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Carl Navarro, RATHER BE FISHING), 99 guests, and 169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024