web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
cctech Offline OP
OP Offline
I replaced a merlin legend system with a DSX 80, and for some reason the T1 lines will not dial 1-800 numbers. I can dial local numbers fine. when I try to dial the 1800 numbers I get the phone company message saying, " your number cannot be completed as dialed " " please check the number and try your call again". I also have POTS lines on the system and they dial just fine. Any ideas what could be causing this. Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

That's a weird one if nothing has changed but the system. I take it you have checked with the carrier since it's their recording your getting? Do you have a t-berd or something similar to test the t-1 at the smartjack to see if you can duplicate the problem? Thats where I would start... Jr

cctech Offline OP
OP Offline
I just put this in today, and was not able to get the carrier on saturday. I will be on sight again tomorrow and will try testing at the smart jack.

Do you have any toll restriction set on the DSX? Also is there an Intramail installed? If memory serves me correctly, if you dialed a number that was toll restricted the intramail would play "that number is not in service". Just a thought! Jr.

cctech Offline OP
OP Offline
There is no VM on system. Also no toll restriction. I can dial any number on the POTS lines. It's just the T1 lines that it is happening on.

Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
Did you check the programming of the legend to see if it was picking the Pots pool for 800s?

At one time just about all metered t1's did not carry toll free outbound, and it was normal to use the local pots for outdialing Toll Free, X11 and 0.

I agree with ttech. I have a T1 at a customer site that does not allow the dialing of toll free numbers. Those must be routed over the local trunks.

I think the giveaway is that the error message you receive comes from the carrier.........

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,763
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,445 Shoretel
188,297 CTX100 install
187,081 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (NoFearMXR, Keyset6), 124 guests, and 145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024