web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello to everyone! I have a very starnge issue.
Remote login using "9" and MB no. works fine from all phones and has for many years. The customer uses Sprint Nextel Cell Phones and recently there phones are having trouble even dialing x's in addition to the logging in issue. I have tested from there T1 calling in and the VM works normally. From my cell phone works every time. From land lines, normal. From other cell phones , normal. It seems only there Sprint Phones are having this issue. I had another person with a Sprint phone, without Nextel try and it works great! Internaly normal.
I used there cell phone to dial into another NEC VM at another location and they worked great. It's only with there system. I worked with customer support for Sprint and have gotten many different answers from many different people. From blaming the cell phones to blaming a down tower. To me the VM works great other than the Sprint phones.

One other thing I heard is that Sprint Nextel is switching from a low frequency to a higher on due to the military wanting the lower band for themselfs. I heard that the Ventura Police Dept. is very upset that they are having trouble with the push to talk feature. Not the same problem or is it?

Any Ideas would be a great help!

Thank you very much.

Ron

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What sort of VMS??
Had this problem down here with the early versions of UM8000 software on the SV8100 from CDMA mobiles due to their lower DTMF levels. GSM and WCDMA were fine. Was fixed in the later release of software on the UM8000. Haven't have that issue on other platforms or voicemails..

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
OP Offline
Hi Paulw, the voicemail is an older one so I swapped it out with an FMS and I had the same issue. So I put the original back in. It started a couple of weeks ago. The strangest thing, I can call with my AT&T cell phone and it works every time. From a land line good. From T1 calling out and back in also good. It seems to be there Sprint phones. Sprint has given 4 different reasons and so far there is no change. I used there Sprint phone to access another NEC system VM, close to what they have and it works great. Also the customer reported that if they are trans. to the mailbox they can log into there mailbox just fine.(?)

It's got to be Sprint's routing! I'm asking for a supervisor to help with this.

Thank you for your kind reply, and letting me vent.

Ron

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
check the cell phone settings , mine has a option for "long tones " which has helped in accessing older VM's

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
OP Offline
Thanks Skip! Already tryed that from short to medium and then long, no change.

Thank you very much!

Ron

Had a similar problem on an Aspire with Intramail - with one user on a specific type of cell phone. (Don't really remember which) Tried every tweak and adjustment I could find (with advice from tech support)but never could get that one phone to work.

Since it was just one user among many, the company finally told him to get a new cell phone - or just live with it................

It worked perfectly for everyone else - so I was off the hook.

Not a big help I know, but I just want to raise the idea that perhaps this is a problem that can't be fixed on the PBX end.

I'm going to second Toolie. Try it from a land-line. If it works from the landline, it's not the PBX's problem, imho, fwiw.

OP Offline
Thank you Toolie and telephoneguy. Thank you very much for your help! The plot thickens! From what I'm hearing Sprint is having some real trouble. I was talking with a friend who works for Amgen and they have a thousand cell phones and they can't seem to get anywhere with Sprint either. Lots of problems! I have a ticket open with Sprint and they were supposed to call me back by Friday 5pm, No Word! I have left messages for the customer's Rep. No Word! Thanks Sprint / Nextel.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Ron

Sprint = CDMA, AT&T = GSM and WCDMA..

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
OP Offline
Thank you Paul. That does help!

Have a great day.

Ron

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024