web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Thx Coral Tech & D, I tried changing the remote IP Phone's registrar server from it's remote SV8100 ("B" end) to the main SV8100 but also got the same result. But what I did notice was when the remote end phone did not get a speech path when you called it & answered, it forced a reboot of the phone then you had to log in again when it was registered to the remote system. But if you registered the phone to the main system ("A" end) & called it & answered you still didn't get a speech path but it did not reboot the phone?
Hope this all makes sense?

Dazza162

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I have to ask this: You do have at least 3 routable IP addresses at each site right? One for the VOIP card and 2 for the media gateways? Also do you have THOSE ports allowed as well? Also, make sure the other IP adress for the Ethernet port that you are not using is 0.0.0.0.

OP Offline
Hi Coral Tech. Thx for your reply. Yes I have a valid IP Address assigned to the 1st & 2nd ports on the IP Resources (IPLA 32) card & there is no 0.0.0.0 address assigned to the other ports! I did say that at the beginning of the post! LOL smile
I've raised a tech ticket with NEC & I'm waiting to see what they say frown
Dazza162

Yep have a simular issue with an ipsec vpn and ver 5.01

the databases sync up but the cards in the secondry refuse to start

Heard anything back?
(NEC Aus want me to setup Qos on the routers but i doubt this will have much effect)

OP Offline
Hi delsar_delsar, thx for you reply, unfortunately NEC hut me with a comment of putting both systems on the same subnet & made a test call between 2 x extns that from what I can gather were on the same system & everything worked!!! Doh! So I have re-logged it & now they want some Wireshark traces! The strange thing is that this problem is happening when it's on the same switch (all be it on different Vlans) so it's nothing to do with the Draytek routers & the IPSEC tunnel frown
I think it's a faulty IPLA32 card in the secondary system.
I'll let you know how I get on.
Dazza162

Let me know what you find out. I'm curious because this sounds like a routing issue.

Just a thought, is Peer to Peer turned off in 10-26. Noticed if routing is an issue from networks that that will force the voice packets to be handled by the switch, rather than phone to phone.

OP Offline
Hi Everyone! smile Got it all working at Last!
NEC TAC wanted both systems on the same Lan/Subnet (why?) & it worked fine. Put them on the same switch but on different Vlan's & got no speech between the IP Phones at the remote site (as per above). So just started turning on/off flags until I found the bugger! It was the "NAT" flag (prog 10-46-14), turned this off & this fixed it! Had to turn it back on again as I had remote home worker phones & was using the NAPT License but just added the 2 x subnets into (10-58) & everything was working!!! Woo Hoo! Thanks for all your help.

Dazza162

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,397 Shoretel
189,124 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 445 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024