web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
How do you create a 3rd-party SIP line? I just obtained end-point licenses for this type of line.

What command(s) to use to build a line?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If you are referring SIP line as in SIP trunk, then star at 10-40-01, 10-40-02 ...

Oops my bad, my command is for SV8100 !

OP Offline
You are correct: I have an sv8500. And I'm trying to make a SIP phone working, not a SIP trunk.

Per the manual, you use ASPO and ASPTN (and possibly ASPW to create a registration password). What happens is this:
ASPO only takes a max 5-digit extension, yet all my extensions are 6-digit. So I don't even know how to start. Still, I tried. I put in a bogus 5-digit extension and then went to ASPTN, where I "mapped" (if you will) that 5-digit extension to a desired new 6-digit extension.
But my SIP phone won't register with the phone system. It keeps getting a 403 error message which has something to do with rejected registration attempt. I tried not defining a registration password in ASPW but got the same message.
I do have 3rd party SIP licenses.
Anybody has any idea?

OP Offline
Here is a follow-up:
I was finally able to make a softphone, XLite working. Looks like it has some setting that I didn't managed to identify in the other ones and set correctly first. Then I played around with another softphone, and bam! I got that one working. It appears that you have to put in the actual SV8500 SIP server side domain name somewhere in the softphone config, and the username has to be "user". That seems to do the trick so far. Now I have to start playing with some hard-phones. There is still an issue with the softphones though. I can only call sta-to-sta. Outside calls get rejected with "unsupported media" error.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,572 Shoretel
189,444 CTX100 install
187,602 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 141 guests, and 242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024