web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#250467 01/27/05 09:01 AM
OP Offline
If the saying holds true that "Ignorance is bliss", I'm as happy as I can be using Excel(And numerous other topic as well) [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]. I've spent most of the day trying to create a template for inspection reports we have to send a client. Nothing too fancy, just a couple page checklist and jobsite photos. I want to be able to combine the info and pics in one file and e-mail to the client so I saved them as an .htm file. I can open them fine on my computer but when I e-mail them anywhere the pages do not display. I'm assuming there is some security setting on the varios computers I tried to e-mail them to but have'nt stumbled onto it yet. Any suggestions?

------------------
Never criticize a man without walking a mile in his shoes...... by then you'll be a mile away, plus you've got his shoes.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#250468 01/27/05 09:28 AM
I would bet you need to have those pic files with your .htm. You computer knows where they are and simply selects them without "embedding" them into the htm. This standard. Your best bet is to zip it with all the related files.

#250469 01/27/05 10:14 AM
I am a bit of a self made Excel Guru. I write VBA code in it so I will try to tackle your Question.
Try ithis: Click on a cell you want to locate the picture to. Click Insert. At the bottom of the drop down menu will be picture. Sub menu pops up select from file. Browse and select the picture. It will insert it and then you can resize by clicking then grabbing the lower right corner.

If you are looking to automate the process then some VBA code will be required, but shouldn't be too hard to create. You might even be able to figure it out by recording a Macro.
Lather for 20 minutes, rinse, repeat
Bill

[This message has been edited by BillFlippen (edited January 27, 2005).]

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
#250470 01/27/05 10:16 AM
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
I don't know if I have the answer for you, but what I would do is try Insert--Picture--From File---then pick a JPEG or a Gif formated picture file in your Documents and see if it works in the Excel document---then test it with that. You may have to use one of those formats. Perhaps the html just won't work in the document. It's been quite a few years since I have done any Excel file generating. Good Luck

#250471 01/28/05 01:06 AM
OP Offline
Thanks guys, I had figured out how to insert the pictures and have the 3 pages layed out like I want. What I have is one page of check yes or no questions, one page of comments, model #, defencies, etc. and one page for pics. When I get through, I choose save as web page. I can open it fine from my computer in Internet Explorer, but when I try to open it up from any other computer wether it be e-mailed or on disk, all that will show in the window is the 3 page tabs at the bottom and the page you would normally get when you hit a bad link saying page cannot be displayed. We have to do over 200 or so of these sites so I was trying to get the process streamlined. I have even toyed with the idea of putting all the info on a website and just giving the client a link so he could see the progress of the project and all the info he requires.

#250472 01/28/05 04:15 AM
Not sure why, what Vers of Excel are you running? I ran it with the same setup as you and it worked fine I'm runnng Excel 2000 on Win 98 so if it works on mine it should work on anyones. Send me your ZSheet and I'll have a looksie

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
#250473 03/30/05 07:08 AM
Check to see if the actual .html file is being e-mailed or if it is just the link.

If it is just a link then your customer's computer would never resolve DNS to your computer's HD unless your computer was set up as a web server, available to the outside world, and DNS servers out in the cloud had your DNS settings.

If the actual HTML file is going out your issue is a little different.

If you want me to troubleshoot this a little with you feel free to e-mail me the stuff.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,763
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,443 Shoretel
188,296 CTX100 install
187,079 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy, nonameyet), 166 guests, and 203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024