web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
RBF, a word of thanks! :toast:

Two days ago was one of those days from Hell with love, where you spend the entire day 30 minutes behind. In fact twice I think I past myself going the other way down I35.

Anyway, I was running REALLY late to get over to one of the lawfirms we maintain to add a device. I realized I forgot my laptop so I ran back in and grabbed the first laptop I could find. It was my 8 year old daughter's ThinkPad. So anyway I get onsite, bring it up from Suspend Mode to see that if I hold it JUST right, I can see Scooby Doo in the background, but no light on the screen. I was already flustered and didn't feel like troubleshooting it but remembered seeing this post while the board was running in FUBAR mode. So I went to a workstation and pulled up the thread.

After seeing your post about the button I went back and checked the laptop again. This time with a magnifying glass. Sure enough, a cracker crumb down deep where I couldn't see it. So, I pulled out my trusty Swiss Army Knife (Yes I really do carry one), pulled out the toothpick, worked it out and the light came right on.

Thanks a million.

Why is it when OUR stuff goes down we lose our basic troubleshooting abilities :rofl:

HEY TELMAN: On anohter note, I assume you've already tried the Fn F7 option to toggle the external/on board screen? IBM Support for ThinkPads has always been GREAT to us.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
laugh :toast:

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
I found the problem. Under the keyboard is the connector that connects the screen to the system. While disecting the Thinkpad I found the left side of the connector up a little (not firmly in place). I pushed it down and seated it real good. That seems to have cured the problem.
It sits directly under the F7 and F8 key.
Thanks everyone,

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,230 Shoretel
188,995 CTX100 install
187,381 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 396 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024