Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#251795 03/05/07 12:44 PM
Mark K. Offline OP
OP Offline
I had set firefox to be my default browser and now I want to change it back to explorer. I can't find a setting to tell explorer to be the default now. I even removed firefox from my system and I still can't get explorer to open when I click something in an email for example. Any of you wizards know where the setting is? I use IE 6 not 7.
Mark

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I am not a wizzard, but if you go start, then to control panel, then go to internet settings, then home page, you can put the full web address for the browswer you desire, as in https://www.yahoo.com, etc. You can also select the "default" button, which should take you back to whatever IE version that you have installed in your system.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Mark K. Offline OP
OP Offline
That's not it Ed. I'm not reffering to my home page that opens when I start the browser. I'm talking about explorer opening automatically when I click a link in an email for example. If the browser is closed in that example it would open and go to the link. When I made firefox my default, it would use firefox, before I did that it used explorer, now I want explorer to be used again and I can't find where to get it back.
Mark

Start> Set Program Access and Defaults> click either Microsoft Windows, NON_Microsoft, or Custom. You can make it the default web browser

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
if ohiotelcoms suggestion doesnt get it try

Tools,
Internet Options,

Programs, checkbox near the bottom to for Internet Explorer to check if it is the default browser.

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
...or open "My Computer", select Tools > Folder Options > File Types and scroll down to HTM. Select "Change..." and choose Internet Explorer from the list. Do the same for HTML. This is how you tell windows which application opens which filetype, so it's quite handy to remember - you can force any filetype to be opened by any application which is capable of handling it.

Life - it's not a rehearsal
Mark K. Offline OP
OP Offline
Ohio, That was it thanks.
Skip, I had tried that and it didn't get it done.
Thanks Guys.
Mark

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,681 Shoretel
189,687 CTX100 install
187,876 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024