Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#253481 11/19/09 05:10 AM
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
"Voted best Telephone Communications business in Greater Lewiston/Auburn area."

Who voted? You & Crystal? :rofl:

All kidding aside, it now looks more professional.

"The phone inlay I did from a TranTel phone pic. I changed the contrast and brightness to fade it into the background." OK, how?

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#253482 11/19/09 12:17 PM
Quickbooks changed my adminstrative life 2000% for the better. I cut over in 2001 and I would be lost without it - so I do triple backups of my company files. Eliminated a lot of errors in calculating bids and invoices. My "items" have grown tremendously over the years. Best of all are the "A/R summary" where you see who owes you and how long etc., and "Income and Expense" - invaluable information. I am still using QB Pro 2005 which works just peachy for me.

#253483 11/20/09 12:23 AM
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
"Voted best Telephone Communications business in Greater Lewiston/Auburn area."

Who voted? You & Crystal? [rofl]
Yes Dave we voted but I don't know if Crystal voted for me. wink They run the competition in the local newspaper and I've won 3 times.

To do the phone inlay I insert the picture in word and play with the brightness and contrast to lighten the picture. I then use Full Shot to capture the new image. Its pretty easy and I would be glad to do it for you if you want.

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
#253484 11/20/09 12:41 PM
Try using Commit CRM for scheduling, dispatch, parts etc. Easy to learn and is solid..

Just use QB for the accounting side of your business.

Do all your work orders in Commit and it will automatically link to QB as an invoice, look it over, print or email it and your done.
It all syncs between each other.

Priced right and works very well.

#253485 11/20/09 02:13 PM
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
I am very impressed with the new QB its a lot better then the last time I tried it many years ago. I looked at Commit but being a one man show I don't have a lot of time to keep track of. I found a way to do work orders and can generate an invoice from them. I also found the doc center where i can attach my Excel cheatcheats. This gives me all the business information, line info, programming, speed dial, desi, serial numbers and service history of each piece of equipment the customer has. I also have user cheatsheets and guides I can attach. Now I have every bit of info on a customer in one spot. :db: :db:

Merritt

#253486 11/20/09 02:38 PM
Neat. I wonder if the Doc center is built into QB Pro 2009. I'll have to look for that.

I started out my business a few years back with QB Basic 2006. I didn't get any training and wish I had. For several years, I was entering invoices and receiving payments wrong. This left an ugly company file. I switched accountants last year and my new bookkeeper sat me down for a few hours and walked me through it. Man I feel stupid for the simple mistakes that I was doing. I take care of invoicing customers and receiving payments. My bookkeeper does the rest. It saves me time, and is worth the minor expense. My bookkeeper also looks over what work I've done and can catch the mistakes earlier before the end of the year.

Now I kind of like QB. It is very easy to write up an invoice and click send. Poof, e-mail sent with attached PDF invoice to my customer. Most of my customers prefer PDF invoices. I do turn on "request read receipt" in Outlook when I send the e-mail. Most of my customers send the notifier back that they have received it. If they don't, I make sure to follow up to see if they got the invoice.

A couple of my customers who use QB extensively have come up with their own coding system that works for them. Give a customer a number when you add them in the customer center. Then you can use that number more quickly if you have a lot of customers to keep track of. Same with inventory. Labor or other services are what QB calls items. Make a new item for each labor fee, travel fee, etc that you charge.

One note, on the invoice template, I added a field called Service Date, which I note what day I performed the labor and installed the equipment on that date. I break down the labor per visit to make it easier for the customer to understand what they are getting billed for.

#253487 11/20/09 03:17 PM
Originally posted by hawk82:
Neat. I wonder if the Doc center is built into QB Pro 2009. I'll have to look for that.
Me as well for Pro 2008

Give a customer a number when you add them in the customer center. Then you can use that number more quickly if you have a lot of customers to keep track of.
I simply start the profile with their main line. For example residence clients just use the number 562-xxxx Boheny, Helen, Businesses have a "B" in front B569-xxx The Record, Maintenance clients have a "M" in front M876-xxx Campbell & Bellam.

Once a business client signs for the maintenance I simply change the "B" to a "M". File stays intact.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
#253488 11/21/09 01:27 AM
Yeah that's a good idea on the account naming. I don't have enough customers that getting that detailed with a naming convention is needed.

One nice thing about QB: you can change a customer's name easily without messing up reports. You can also merge customers too by renaming customer A to customer B name, in a case where customer A buys customer B business. Then you have all of the previous invoices under one customer for referencing in the future.

#253489 11/21/09 01:28 AM
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
A nice thing about the Doc Center besides allowing me to see all the customer info from one spot I can also access the files from the Internet. This is going to be nice because that will allow me access to customer info from anywhere. They give you 100MB space for free and I figure that will hold about 200 of my spreadsheets. Sample Spreadsheet I can add and delete the tabs as I need them.

Now I'm just waiting for the accountant to pick his brain to setup all the accounts. call

Merritt

#253490 11/21/09 11:40 AM
I use Qbooks Pro 2009 and had not heard about the "Doc Center" and was curious. A google search led me to this thorough explanation:

https://qbblog.ccrsoftware.info/2009/09/quickbooks-2010-document-management/

Thanks for reference to Doc Center"

Bob

With all the variables involved, I am amazed when any voice and data technology works like it is supposed to.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,739
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,291 Shoretel
188,177 CTX100 install
187,020 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024