web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Okay, here is a geek question that I would like some opinions on.

I bought a blue tooth microsoft mini keyboard, number pad, separate units but part of a package and a mouse.

I have them paired with my netbook and love the fact I can work at a comfortable position insstead of being hunch over the computer.

I love the fact that I can pair the keyboard and mumber pad to my pda, yes they still are in use. As well as to by phone. Kids can't figure out how I am beating them on texting contests, old versus young speed.

The guys at the shop think it was a waste. I can carry the units with my computer and use it where ever.

I would like to know what other people thing of this and what they use to make typing on the computer easier for them. I know that microsoft has come out with a rf mini arch keyboard that will work with a reciever that can be carried easily in a computer back.

I like the fact that it work with other devices.

thanks for your thought,

Mike

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I use a Bluetooth mouse all the time for my laptop, as I don't care for the touch pads. Carrying and extra keyboard and number bad somewhat defeats the small size of the netbook. If your going to carry that much, why not just get a larger laptop? However, this is all subjective based on taste. My wife refuses to use a mouse because she likes the touch pad on her laptop?? There really isn't a right or wrong, there is just what you like for yourself.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
What the point of a laptop if every time you use it you have to hook up all the peripherals?

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
I used to do the same, till I used my Macbook, with the multitouch glass trackpad and backlit keyboard. They are the easiest, most intuitive key/ pad combo I have used in 12 years. Of course I'm now typing this effortlessly from my iPad, with zero peripherials. smile

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.
OP Offline
Thanks for the replies.

I use the keyboard and number pad, when I am programming a system and I have the ability to "get comfortable." While it is true it is more space, normally I use the netbook keyboard for the regular service calls.

Using the touch pad mouse can be a pain with dirty hand.

So far, when I have needed to use them, they have come in handy. They don't take up to much room.

Again thanks,

Mike

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 86 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024