Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#253970 09/11/10 02:23 AM
PENCOM Offline OP
OP Offline
A Customer of mine purchased a building and contents and as a result came into sevral un-needed computers. They gave me 3 compact and 1 HP. All were loaded with network software and all have XP Windows. Is there any way to bipass the network log in so I can get into these PC's and delete the network software?

Definition of an I.T. expert: A Person with the telephone number of the Person with the answer.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

PM sent.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
PENCOM Offline OP
OP Offline
Jeff thanks for the response. Burned it , Booted it, didnt work any thoughts. Still get log in screen.

Definition of an I.T. expert: A Person with the telephone number of the Person with the answer.
PENCOM Offline OP
OP Offline
Boot up order is correct it looks at cd drive first. I also looked at the cd itself and the files are there.

I would recommend simply reinstall the operating system. How do you know what software (or viruses/malware) was left on the computer? How could the new customer trust it? OEM computers should have the XP license key on a sticker on the case. If you don't have the media, you can see if the computer has a recovery partition. Or you can use a regular Windows install disc and use the license key on the side. You can also order the reinstallation media from HP/Compaq at a hefty fee.

You need to reset the password or reinstall the operating system. Easiest way to reinstall is if there is a recovery partition. Watch the screen at startup to see if it says something like "<F12> Recovery". You can also push each F key just as the system is starting up.

Vaya con Dios amigos!
Butch

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,612 Shoretel
189,499 CTX100 install
187,747 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 102 guests, and 345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024