web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Pinch Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a 28port KeyVoice Interchange VM system running v 10.4 with 3 Dialogic D/41H and a D/160SC-LS on a Win2k platform. The PBX is a Harris 20/20 LH (now Techtronics) We have been suffering an intermittent major issue and a minor issue since we upgraded from version 9 two years ago. We are running Diskeeper to autodefrag the drives on the system. The message store drive is defragged every hour. The rest of the system is defragged every twelve hours.
The minor issue relates to the VM system coming online after a reboot. We have found that it can take up to 15 minutes after a sucessful reboot for the VM to come online. There are no associated error messages or event logging for this. We have found if we stop and start the Dialogic service a couple of times we can get the amount of time down to 8 minutes. This did not occur under version 9.
The major issue involves a hard cutoff from the voice mail system when leaving a message. This is an intermittant issue. We have seen the issue for both internal and external callers.
We have investigated and/or adjusted quiet time, talk time, ground loop starts, DTMF tone issues, and everything else Keyvoice could think. We investigated the defragging as causal, PBX port and node for the VM and the customer suffering the issue. We have evaluated the underground black cable and the house pairs for the customers calling us on the problem, including moving their house pairs and the PBX node and port for them.
We ran the Keyvoice debug. (What a useless feature!) We have also run Dialogic PBXpert to verify the DTMF tones for the PBX.
This is a true cutoff. The customer goes from talking to dead air and then dial tone. There are no Keyvoice prompts. The customers have had a broad range of vocal tones. This has happened when leaving a message from our digital and analog phone sets, as well as inbound calls, analog and cellular across multiple carriers and farend PBX systems. (Yes we checked.)
We have also tried to evaluate if their is a particular dialogic card or port. We have found that it happens across all four cards and different ports.

Do you have any new ideas for resolving this?
Has anyone experienced this issue with 10.4.71?
Has anyone experienced this issue and found that the version 11.1 upgrade resolved it?
Is anyone experiencing this type of issue with version 11.x?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I have experienced the cut-off problem with 11.1 but when I changed the seconds of silence and those times. The problem went away. The callers were getting cut-off and then going right to dial-tone. I got some technical documentation from the Comdial Customer Care Center Tech support page. I couldn't tell you the number right off of the top of my head I will have to look for it. As for the time it takes for the Voice Mail system to come back up so that the phone system recognizes it. I was always told that it can take up to 15 minutes for it to come up. This probably doesn't help much at all I wish I could tell you more but I have never really encountered the problem to that degree.

Pinch Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for the response, if you could send me your settings for those items I would appreciate it. We followed Comdial's suggestion but it didnt work. Would be good to try your numbers.

I have a couple of questions for you on this issue.

Are you using faxing?

I find if I turn off loading the gamma fax in the startvm.bat file it seems to load faster when using that batch file to start the voicemail. I think you just need to make sure the service is not set to automatic for it not to start on boot up. (will have to check on that).

On your disconnect, what does the pbx send to the voicemail as a disconnect? Comdial uses the A tone. See if your log files or trace files show you getting the disconnect from the PBX or if it shows you the voicemail just hanging up.This might help in pointing out where the disconnect is comming from.

Here are my settings.

10 seconds of silence
99 seconds of continuous sound
I call lasts more than 0 minutes re-route to box 9999

I don't know if this will help. But it took care of my problem for those same issues.

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024