web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#255676 02/18/05 01:32 AM
joallen Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi All, I am new to your fine board and did a little reading but could not find the answer to a couple of issues I am dealing with on a 24 port Key voice 10.4 interchange.

FYI - I am certified on Interchange and NT/2000 based systems certified.

I apologize if this is kind of long . . . Any info or opinions would be appreciated.

First of all it is a NT based system with serial integration to Centrex. I run a 202 S/T modem for the KVT system to a Siemans EWSD on the public switched network.

Here is what is going on – On busy no answer I route to a pilot number in a 24 hunt group for voice mail off my Centrex.

Intermitted SMDI issues - Calls hit voice mail and will route fine 9 out of 10 times. Sometimes on the line status monitor it will say wait caller ID and then route to the main greeting. Loop back device is good and modem at the CO has been replaced. 202S/T on my end looks good. Seems Like it gets worse as the system gets busier. What would be some possible causes of this intermittent issue.

Ready file queue overflow – The system is sitting on a TCPIP WAN with Exchange as the email server. I use automatically copy new message to SMTP address (whatever email I want it to go to) It will work fine but then suddenly for no apparent reason it will stop sending the WAV files to email and begin filling the ready folder with files. Also in the message folder it will have duplicate copies of messages causing the system to send an old message over and over.
For example if I look in the Message folder it will show MG000005918.000 and MG000005918.000.ready when this happens it will sometimes forward the same email over and over.

What would cause the system to just stop talking to exchange? Why would the ready file not be deleted after it is sent to the ready folder?

Defrag, Scannt and all of the associated data base fix ups do not help.

Of course, help desk is not too much help on this issue.

As a side - If any one has ideas that can fix the problems I am having, I am offering an offshore salmon fishing trip on Lake Michigan as a reward.

Thanks -

John

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Interesting. So apparently you are seeing that your software is acting kinda weird then? I would look REAL hard at database corruption OR possibly your PC is on the virge of taking a crap...ie hard drive failure. I have see simular things like this as the hard drive is just about to go on other voicemails. Make sure to back up.

The queue overflow issue:

I had an issue close to this. It was with the faxing but it all routes through the ready box. Same thing messages were getting stuck in the rady box. I found that the email address set up in the voicemail was incorrect. Their server was rejecting one of the emails and for some reason the voicemail would not delete the message until they corrected the address in their email server.

This will also happen if there is no matching email address in their server. Say somebody leaves and they delete their address in the server but not in the voicmailbox.

The busy/na issue:

Not really sure what your set up is here.

You have centrex lines coming in to the voicemail with a caller id box for the serial integration?

Does this seem to happen when the que overflow is acting up?

------------------
[Linked Image from home.columbus.rr.com]

WWW.THEBESTPHONESUPPORT.COM

WWW.ABUGSEYEVIEW.COM

joallen Offline OP
OP Offline
I should be clearer.

I have Centrex lines for the users that forward into a Centrex hunt group that is connected to the Key Voice system 1 line per port IE 25 lines. I use call forward directory option on Centrex to provide the SMDI routing digits so the call will go to a specific mailbox.

For example: You dial 555-4567 on busy no answer to forwards to 222-5000 (this would be the lead hunt group number) The switch sends a signal to voice mail so it goes to box 4567. It works most of the time but then sometimes it will go to the main system greeting (this is the default if the SMDI is not recognized.) It gets worse the busier the system gets. When I watch it on the Line status monitor it says, “wait caller id” Then it routes out to the main greeting instead of the correct individual’s mailbox. If you unplug the SMDI it will route to the main greeting on every call. IE no SMDI it will route to the main greeting by default.

So you are just using the SMDI by the telco for routing to the proper MB correct? My GAWD that has to costing you a fortune!

joallen Offline OP
OP Offline
And to blink message waiting lights on centrex phones.

John

Have you turned on trace and verified you are getting information everytime?

------------------

WWW.ABUGSEYEVIEW.COM

joallen Offline OP
OP Offline
Just did a SMDI trace and I see the message everytime but then do not get the SMDI MSG on the the trace log when it routes wrong. Think it is the modem?

I would say it is either the modem or the telco not sending it.

I would start looking at that.

If you could to double check it, set up your laptop with procomm or hyperterm. set the baud rate to the same as you intergration and plug in a splitter to your serial cable. Then route one side of the splitter to your laptop and see if it duplicates what you have coming into the voicemail.

This way you know for sure it is not getting sent down the serial link.

------------------

WWW.ABUGSEYEVIEW.COM

joallen Offline OP
OP Offline
Do you think a bad email address on one box might effect other boxes with a good address?

Like say it tries to send a message to a bad email then later tries to send to a good email could they all hang in the ready folder?

I could see this happening if an application was running that tried to send out all of the messages in the ready folder and then hitting a bad email address and hanging or just keeps bouncing the bad email off the email server over and over again.

Very interesting ........

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 93 guests, and 235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024