web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#255790 03/28/05 12:24 PM
drmm Offline OP
OP Offline
I am newly installing a keyvoice system on a DXP system. I am have trouble on what I need to do to set up the ports from the DXP to the voicemail system so that i can access it from any extension. I am connecting the voicemail system to anolog ports on the DXP assigned them an ext number and told them in phone catagory that the port was a VXM-I no sure what I have to do in the voice mail system, I did run the intial setup to tell it what system it was attached to and the number of lines ect.
I still can't access the system I dial the ext number of one of the ports and it just beeps and says on the LCD screen of the phone that the ext. is offline??
what am i missing???

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#255791 03/28/05 01:04 PM
What software level is the DXP?

You need to add the ist ports that are associated with the voicemail to the peripheals table in programming the DXP. This is what makes them voicemail ports.

In there just add the first port and link it to the second port and the second port the the third port. Do this until you come to the last port then link it back to the first port. This will make those ports vmail ports and they will hunt to each other.

In the Comdial world a voicemail port will give you a digit 1 instead of dial tone when it goes off hook. check it with your test set.

Also make sure you put the ports in the correct order when you run you'r first time setup on the voicemail. If you skipped by that part or ut them in the wrong order.

edit the comdial.lnk file in the vm directory.

------------------
[Linked Image from home.columbus.rr.com]

WWW.THEBESTPHONESUPPORT.COM

WWW.ABUGSEYEVIEW.COM

#255792 03/28/05 01:11 PM
If it says that the extension is offline then you have programmed a digital port as a vmail port. What type cards are in the vmail, analog or digital? If they are analog you will have to program some analog ports for the vmail instead of the digital ones you have programmed. The digital ones will only work if you have IVPC cards in the vmail.

#255793 03/28/05 01:27 PM
drmm Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BIGDOG3c:
What software level is the DXP?

You need to add the ist ports that are associated with the voicemail to the peripheals table in programming the DXP. This is what makes them voicemail ports.

In there just add the first port and link it to the second port and the second port the the third port. Do this until you come to the last port then link it back to the first port. This will make those ports vmail ports and they will hunt to each other.

In the Comdial world a voicemail port will give you a digit 1 instead of dial tone when it goes off hook. check it with your test set.

Also make sure you put the ports in the correct order when you run you'r first time setup on the voicemail. If you skipped by that part or ut them in the wrong order.

edit the comdial.lnk file in the vm directory.

</font>

my software level is 15C

#255794 03/28/05 01:30 PM
drmm Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dlr920:
If it says that the extension is offline then you have programmed a digital port as a vmail port. What type cards are in the vmail, analog or digital? If they are analog you will have to program some analog ports for the vmail instead of the digital ones you have programmed. The digital ones will only work if you have IVPC cards in the vmail.</font>

I have a 8 port anolog card being used for
my voice mail ports.

#255795 03/28/05 02:00 PM
Admin
Admin
What kind of cards are in the voicemail?

[Linked Image]
#255796 03/28/05 06:27 PM
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by drmm:
I have a 8 port anolog card being used for
my voice mail ports.

</font>

You still must be talking about the type of cards in the voicemail PC. The relevant question at this point is what is the part number on the board you are connecting to in the DXP? I agree that it must be a digital board in the DXP for it to be telling you the port is offline. Although I have seen analog ports say offline under certain circumstances, this is usually something you would see when a digital port has nothing (or a non-digital device) connected to it. Analog ports usually don't care whether or not it has something connected.

------------------
[Linked Image from sigcomsys.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA

#255797 03/29/05 02:39 AM
drmm Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 5years&counting:
You still must be talking about the type of cards in the voicemail PC. The relevant question at this point is what is the part number on the board you are connecting to in the DXP? I agree that it must be a digital board in the DXP for it to be telling you the port is offline. Although I have seen analog ports say offline under certain circumstances, this is usually something you would see when a digital port has nothing (or a non-digital device) connected to it. Analog ports usually don't care whether or not it has something connected.

</font>

The card that I have in the DXP in the main shelf is a DXAST-8

#255798 03/29/05 06:05 AM
Admin
Admin
I don't think you can use DXAST cards. Those are for old analog keysets. You are getting out of service because the system is expecting a keyset on that port. Depending on the cards in the voicemail determines what board you need in the DXP. IVPC in the voicemail needs a digital port off a digital card. Analog card in the voicemail needs IST circuit from a DXIST or an ATA hooked to a digital port for analog conversion.

[Linked Image]
#255799 03/29/05 12:30 PM
drmm Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RATHER BE FISHING:
I don't think you can use DXAST cards. Those are for old analog keysets. You are getting out of service because the system is expecting a keyset on that port. Depending on the cards in the voicemail determines what board you need in the DXP. IVPC in the voicemail needs a digital port off a digital card. Analog card in the voicemail needs IST circuit from a DXIST or an ATA hooked to a digital port for analog conversion.</font>

thank you so much i would have never got this going depending on them to give me the right stuff i WILL GET AN DXIST-8 coming right away and let you know how it comes out.

thanks to everyone for all there time and help so far

David Wilhelmi
Midstate Telephone

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024