web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello.

In the Aleen VME PRO.

Does anyone know if there is a setting that will let you review the messages in the order of ( Most recent-to-least recent), basically the last saved message will be the first one read.

The situation is that when you have like 40 saved message and you accidentally skip one of your messages. You have to basically start at the very beginning.

There is no option to skip to the last message or skip to the first message. You basically have to scroll down every single message you have. This is a poorly design voice mail system in my opinion.

Anyway, does anyone know if it at least has the option of reviewing the message from most recent to least recent?

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

on the aleen website you can download the manual fo r your mail
its kind of a hinky and the manual came and went but while it was there it looked like
there were option screen maybe even a drop down and i would assume the option
for lastin/first out would be there
may be class of service
the manual does not show an option or in planning forms
on the small aleen it says press 1 when your mail box answers and it will play new then
old messages
if its your own mail open a second mail box and transfer the 40 old ones and use it as a memory and use the 1st as new messages

[This message has been edited by KENB (edited May 07, 2005).]

There is no option in laptop programming..... If the option exists....it would be in the owners mailbox side.....

Walter

OP Offline
It does not exist.

It would make sense that something like this would exist but it does not.

Why would I have to listen to 85 old message just to get to my most recent old message.

You basically have to start from 6 months in the last and work your way up to the call you got today.

There is no way to skip past 10 messages or to the end.

Its like designing a VCR or DVD player without a fast forward button.

I'm extremely disappointed in this voicemail system and feel like the whoever design this has absolutely no clue on the basic features a voicemail system needs.

Thnks for trying to help but this voicemail system does not seem to do the job.

Thanks.

again why not put your old messages in a second or third mail box and keep new in main
??
i guess the guy who designs that feature was
at the beach that day

[This message has been edited by KENB (edited May 07, 2005).]

there is a reason the are called A_LEAN VOICE MAIL. It's 'lean' in features.

Would I be correct to assume that most voice mail system do have the ability to either.

1. Start listening to your messages from the most recently saved message back to the oldest ones.

2. Have a button that will let you skip to the end on all your voice messages, so you can navigate and find a message.

Right now if you want to review a message you listen to this morning to get more details. You must first listen to messages you got in June-23-2004 all the way to May-11-2005 before you can get your message. I can't believe you have to sit there pressing #1 to skip messages 160 times just to get to a message you received this morning. Ugh!!!

I thought it was one of the most basic features on voice mail. Its like buying a modern 2005 car and finding out it does not have a speedometer.

Am I right here or do other voicemail system also lack this basic feature?

Tom,

"there is a reason the are called A_LEAN VOICE MAIL. It's 'lean' in features."

Not true..........show me another 4 port voice mail that can intergrate to any system can accomadate any feature the switch has to offer can do multiple greetings (29 total) and not have to dedicate ports to do so.
10 hrs of storage, 128 mailboxes, 4 ports for 595.00......... If you have a system that can do more at the same price would love to hear about it........

Walter

Johnny,

Why in gods name are you storing 85 messages... a voice mail is not a file cabinet.... this voice mail is a down and dirty voice mail ...It has all the bells and whistles of larger much more expensive voice mails... but is not designed to be a storage place for old voice mails. Forget about your current problem... you are eating up storage time by keeping so many old messages...

To get past your present problem, you need to create another mailbox (will call that mailbox your file cabinet) take all those old messages you want to keep and tranfer them to that mailbox.... problem solved........

Your othe option is to spend alot more money for a larger system....

Walter

The ALEEN VME pro was almost as expensive as some of the in-skin voicemail systems.

[This message has been edited by The_Assistant (edited May 12, 2005).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024