web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
schup Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a problem with installing a Repartee 7.46 VM on a Comdial E60PT, using an OPX-X to mate them.

Everything works properly (transfer, holding, messages taken and retrival) except the message waiting lights won't work. I have them set up as ,*3,X to set and ,#3,X to turn off, which will work through a 2500 set via the OPX if I first do a hookflash then enter the codes. (The VM is set up in the KSU as the Central Message Desk) I've tried programming a hookflash in the VM, but still get the same issue, which is a collision on the VM A/L port and then it goes to the opening box and starts all over again with the collison. Using A/D for the port didn't work either. I've updated the CALLPARM on the VM, integration is set up as INT=COMVM DT3=3 HUT=A DT OTL=7

I know it's something simple that I've just missed, but I don't have enough hair left to keep pulling. This is for our church and is a gratis deal, that's the only thing preventing me from ripping it all out and going with an Impression system that I've got here with a Debut on it. (Would have to purchase more phones and there isn't any budget for it.)

Anyone know what "easy button" step I've missed?

Thanks!

The man who sets out to carry a cat by its tail learns something that will always be useful and which never will grow dim or doubtful. - Mark Twain
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
How about using &,*3,X and &,#3,X? The & is the hookflash.

schup Offline OP
OP Offline
Tried that, also used the longer hookflash (% character which yeilds a 4X longer hookflash) with no results with that one either.

This one is busting my chops!

Thanks for the try!

The man who sets out to carry a cat by its tail learns something that will always be useful and which never will grow dim or doubtful. - Mark Twain
Have you tried putting your test set on the port and listening to what is happening? If so, what happened? All the best, Razzjammer

schup Offline OP
OP Offline
Razzjammer, thanks for reminding me to do the simple troubleshooting things first!

After listening in on the port, during the lamp cycle all I get is the intercom tone, then the opening box message, no touch tones at all. If I listen in on the same port during the other operations, such as transfer, then the tones go through and all is right.

Why no tones sent on the lamp cycle?????

Thanks!

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Probably because you have INT=COMVM. I don't know the Comdial but maybe that option means some type of serial integration and the Repartee is trying to perform message waiting indication via the serial port. Try removing the INT=COMVM and see if that helps.

schup Offline OP
OP Offline
Phonemeister, thanks for the try, but that didn't do it either. The INT=COMVM sets other paramaters, such as to get serial integration you have to tell the Repartee to send serial out specifically. Took it out anyway, no change.

For some reason, the VM isn't doing what it should. Maybe the next thing is to do a reinstall on the software, I hate doing that as it seems to create more problems than it ever fixes, though.....

Check to see if the port that lights lamps is set to A/D

schup Offline OP
OP Offline
Found it!

Tried reloading the software, same thing.

Started swapping out parts in the 'puter at this point! Used a known good setup of a later version on a new HD, still same thing. (Hmmmm, must not be the software or the setup!?)

No hair left, started pulling cards.....

The VM had a bad Dialogic card, of all things! Swapped out the card, reran CALPARM and everything now works!

Thanks to all for everything, this board is a lifesaver!

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,718 Shoretel
189,755 CTX100 install
187,919 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (SamF, dmcdream), 108 guests, and 335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024