web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#257821 10/12/07 03:45 AM
Wellco Offline OP
RIP Moderator-General
OP Offline
RIP Moderator-General
We have a Repartee working with a Definity all has worked fine until now..We activated AA using opening box, problem is everyone works fine except outside callers using palm, treo, blackberry..so some reason Active Voice doesn't seem to recognize tones imput from these devices..Anyone else had this problem..and found a solution? I know that cell phones sometimes cause problems..but don't know whats going on here. I'm afraid that these units don't put out good DTMF but can't prove it..any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#257822 10/12/07 09:30 AM
Do you have the Repartee manuals? If so, in the System Management guide there is a section on Touchtone Sensitivity. Maybe those phones are not sending long enough tones for your system to detect. You can try and increase the sensitivity by adjusting the " TTPrompt/Msg/Record" parameter on one of the screens in the EasyMade Switch Setup section. There are 3 numbers, the first one is the number of hundreths of a second the Reparteee listens for a valid touchtone. For example, if your number is 4, then the system ignores touchtones that are shorter than 4 hundreths of a second. You can try lowering this value by 1 and making test calls and continue lowering the value until the system recognizes the touchtones of the phones that are having trouble. If you go too low, the system may pick up touchtone frequencies in normal speech and think it is a number to dial, so be careful and thoroughly test after making changes.

#257823 10/15/07 01:18 AM
Wellco Offline OP
RIP Moderator-General
OP Offline
RIP Moderator-General
Techman....Thanks, thats the direction I was going to head, I asked them to give me a Treo so I could do some testing and see what the story is. I think that these new palms and such put out short tones since they are just PC's really and not a phone...I will let you know what I find.
Thanks for the response...

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

#257824 10/15/07 06:04 AM
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Might also want to try using the silence command, eg. typing "silence 45" (without the quotes) in the command prompt from the vmail directory. This should adjust the gain on the vm ports in case the volume is too low.

#257825 10/15/07 10:32 AM
Wellco Offline OP
RIP Moderator-General
OP Offline
RIP Moderator-General
Good thought...I will do that also, can't hurt that's for sure.

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,738
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,291 Shoretel
188,176 CTX100 install
187,019 1a2 system
Newest Members
andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial
49,763 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 14
dexman 4
teleco 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 128 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024