web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a Comdial FXII system with 16-Port Digital Station Card connected to my W2K 12-Port Interchange (version 12.0) box using Brooktrout Rhetorex IVPC cards.

Everything that is being forwarded to 2500-2511 (Voicemail Extensions) is just hitting the main box (800). This includes hitting the "VMAIL" softkey from our digital phones. For some reason, it is not passing the station identifier.

Any suggestions? :shrug:

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Is this an existing install or just bolted together???

[Linked Image]
Did anything change? Is this a new system? Check to make sure the vm ports are set up in the vm part of vmmi. Did you do a trace? what does it say you are getting from the switch. We will need more info to help you.

Jim

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
597 West Montauk Highway
Lindenhurst, New York 11757

631 956-0100

www.sstcom.com

Business telephone systems on Long Island and New York City like Comdial, Vertical, Avaya, Panasonic
OP Offline
We recently had a digital station board (LDS16) stop working on us. From a terminal session, it didn't show any status, and the lights were not flashing normal like our other boards. So we removed the board from the configuration in VMMI, and then added back in. Then the ports were reconfigured and the Voicemail Extensions table was restored - 2500 to 2501, 2501 to 2502...and so on. However, some, but not all of the ports on the digital station card are working. So it cycles through the ports until it fines one that the Interchange system will pick up on. But once it does, all calls are hitting the Main Box instead of the individual’s box.

To get the Interchange's serial communication and Voicemail Viewer to work again, I've had to rerun of the configuration wizards (PBX Setup & Brooktrout Configuration Wizard). I'm not sure if I accidently screwed up the TRANS.TXT or VM.CFG or COMDIAL.LNK file doing this. But after reading through a lot of the integration documentation on Comdial's support site, all those files seem to have the correct information in them.

I'm not sure if this is related, but I'm seeing the following error when I attempt to start the Accucall Brooktrout Rhetorex Utility: “Error in RHT_ON_HOOK: 59” and never starts up.

My knowledge of Comdial/Interchange is limited so I was hoping someone might know where exactly I configure the process that allows the Interchange system to know from which extension the call is being forwarded to it, and routes the call to the correct mailbox. I suspect this is something to do with the TRANS.TXT file.

Let me know what other details you need. I can provide my TRANS.TXT, COMDIAL.LNK & VM.CFG if needed.

We do know we will eventually have to replace that LDS16 board, but some of the ports do work for now.

Another issue I'm seeing, and this is something that has always been like this (even before the primary issue): in the Voicemail Viewer, there are * (asterisks) next to ports 5 through 12. Anyone know what these asterisks mean? And only ports 1-4 are actually taking calls. Anything else gets a busy signal. But we have (3) of those IVPC cards (4 Ports each), and the NTRENEW shows "12" Max Voice Ports.

I really appreciate any help or suggestions.

Admin
Admin
* indicates a set or IVPC is attached to the port. By not having all ports functioning and having it skip through the 12 ports until it gets answered is going to caause problems. Until you get good working VM ports I think you are chasing your tail. If you changed the port numbers for the mail ports then the .lnk file needs to be modified. Looks like the system doesn't see a port attached to ports 1-4 since htere are no *s by them. I'd bet you also don't have the line cords in the right place since the system doesn't see a physical connection but you say ports 1-4 are actually taking calls.

[Linked Image]
Hi,

I think Rather be Fishing is right. I think you should call in a comdial tech and have it fixed right or else you will just waste your time if you are not fimilar with the system, Just a word of advice after doing comdial for 22 years.

Jim

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
597 West Montauk Highway
Lindenhurst, New York 11757

631 956-0100

www.sstcom.com

Business telephone systems on Long Island and New York City like Comdial, Vertical, Avaya, Panasonic
In the voicemail viewer the "*" means that the voicemail port has been disabled in the voice mail administration.

OP Offline
I've been working with the system for several years now although mostly in VMMI. I'm no stranger to CTI implementations.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction: As far as how the Interchange routes calls to specific boxes based on the extension to which a person was calling.

DLR920:
When you say "Voice mail Administration", is that the same thing as the "Database Administrator". I don't have any else that lets me administer Interchange, aside from Voicemail Viewer and Message Status.

You need to get into the Supervisor Mailbox and go to port administration to enable/disable ports.

OP Offline
Just wanted to let everyone know we were able to resolve the communication issues between the voicemail and fxii by restoring an older archived version of the FXII database.

Thank you to everyone for their comments and suggestions.

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,851
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,659 Shoretel
189,557 CTX100 install
187,829 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 195 guests, and 283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024