web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
pfix Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a site that is moving and they currently have POTS lines and they are getting an new phone system (FXII) and it will have a Voice T1 PRI from MCI. They want to keep thier existing main number. I want to move the LEC service and have the main number ported to the T1 on the same day. I will have about 30 days before this is to happen. Is there a easy way to do this? I have had problems in the past with porting, paths, etc?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What I ve done in the past was to get a block of did/dnis ahead, forward the main number to one of those numbers and build routing for that number as if it were the main and wait to do the port after the cutover. When you port just route the dnis assigned to the main number to your alread proven programming.

Kerry

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
If porting is possible (MCI could tell you), that would be cheaper than paying for an RCF (Remote Call Forward). You pay twice on RCF calls.

By the way, please completely fill out your profile so we know who we are giving help to. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by 5years&counting (edited March 05, 2005).]

SST Offline
turn up the pri before the port date. MCI should be able and willing to test with you. Build your routing and have MCI send some test dnis to test your routing(the same as the expected real ones). I worked for a couple of carriers and this type of testing is possible, in fact we tried to test this way before any LNP cut. This way the day of the cut is easy and you can use the pri for your outgoing. The cut will be seemless and transparent.

I agree 100%. the carrier can send you dnis on the pri to test b4 porting, or outpulse digits on a straight T1 to test b4 porting the numbers. So get your circiut up b4 hand and test your inbound and outbound. Local, LD, 911, operator and international. The porting or LNP will be a breeze.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
We have the existing main numbers (and sometimes fax numbers) ported all the time on the cutover day. This usually happens instantly, assuming that the original carrier is willing to release the numbers. This is something that the new CLEC should arrange and confirm in advance. We have done this with several CLEC's and even Verizon and with the rare exception where a number has not been released, it usually goes without a hitch.

Remember, this is the responsibility of your CLEC to do this homework ahead of time so stay on top of them so they don't drop the ball.

------------------
Ed
---------
How come there's always enough time to go back and fix it a second time?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024