web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
I melt soft switches with my dialer. I have to make sure I have a 5E or DMS switch; Qwest told me yesterday they will only support our dialer on a DMS since we took down one of their Next Gen switches... again.

It is becoming a little frustrating with the CLEC's sales reps who want to sell the product with the highest commission, telling the customer "it will work" and I keep telling them it won't, let me order the circuit via my affiliate program.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I brought down a shelf by issuing an incorrectly formatted dial string before. Evidently dialing "w5551212" wasn't possible, and it really didn't like the idea. They have since updated their software version.

Usually we just get throttled, which is frustrating, because you get a normal return as a busy. When you call the LEC/CLEC all you get is "well the circuit is showing up". We have had to implement dialing rate controls in order to make it more CO friendly. What we have found is that calling around 10 calls per second is sustainable usually. Anything higher then that and you run a pretty good chance of the provider freaking out. Other issue is call surge. There is a surge in dialing every 2-3 seconds (waiting for ringtime on placed calls). That means that on a machine with 8 T1's in it, assuming this is a 5:1 dialing campaign, that every 2-3 seconds about 150 calls are beling placed ((8*23/5)*4). These 150 calls are in theory spread back out over 8 T1's, which gives a dial rate of around 18 calls per T1 every 2-3 seconds. That's a lot of dialing for most providers.

SIP Providers usually have even less capacity smile

If you look under the Comdial section for my "PRI Issues" thread - a majority of that was softswitch problems. We since switched to Verizon and had them put in writing we were going on a TDM switch (5ess)

Most of the problems went away, although I'm seeing a new occasional wierd problem that might be my DXP this time. (calls go extremely loud)

Mitel 3300Mxe running MCD 4.0, 5340 Phones
hey sph

how was the overhead on the Actelis was it as bad as the rad needing 15megs to be able to push 4x t1s?

Race Communications | http://www.race.com
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,607 Shoretel
189,486 CTX100 install
187,667 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Carl Navarro), 155 guests, and 327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024