Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#260989 10/22/07 01:44 PM
Had that today.

The FDN tech comes in and starts dismantling the Total Access 750. The old circuit was fractional with 9 voice lines on a PRI and the other channels as Data. Well the place brought in a second T1 for just data and they were converting the pre-existing T1 to a full PRI.

The FDN tech hands me a cut sheet with all new DID's. I immediately stop him before he can even grab his screwgun and have him call the CO back and rebuild the PRI with my pre-existing DID's. Problem averted I thought.

Once the cutover was done the PRI link would go up and sync and after a few minutes drop calls and give me an amber alarm. After about an hour of me going "WTF" and the FDN tech saying "It's all good on our side" I finally made him call back into the CO and verify the cut-sheet. The Cutsheet had NI2 hand-written on it for the PRI signalling but since I had them re-do the PRI with our old DID's it was DMS100. According to the tech at the CO they were actually going to plug us into a new switch and that's where the confusion came up.

I adjusted my settings and things worked fine smile

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#260990 10/22/07 02:33 PM
I don't advise opening the LEC's equipment, but you could in theory connect a laptop to the smart jack card and check the error log there.

I've had to prove 'intermittent' problems that way before.

Most CLECs will not believe it could possibly be anything wrong in their network unless they can either {not loop the smart jack} or {see the red light on the SJ} and they can be gosh darn stubborn about it too.

#260991 10/22/07 03:14 PM
The only time I ever see verizon lock the SJ is when it's in a warehouse... so there's not much they could proove. smile

#260992 10/23/07 01:03 PM
They are fairly easy to pry open even when they are locked.

#260993 11/10/07 07:42 AM
Originally posted by DigitelD:
The protocol is OK. What do you mean by B-channel service messaging? I still don't understand why we would see alarms and errors but they don't.
Well, one common reason is, because they may not actually be looking at your circuit. They might be looking at the wrong circuit. This is *very frequent* with carriers-- remember, you are calling their NOC and speaking with someone who is considered a trainee, compared to the ASA (OSX) or Engineering group.

When you call them up, have them monitor the circuit live while you are speaking with them. Then simply unplug it and ask them if anything has changed. If not, you know they aren't seeing your circuit. If they see a red alarm (OOS - aka Out of Service), then you know they atleast have their paperwork right.

Next thing is to ask them what they are testing your circuit with? For example, a Centest650 won't see EXZs when a Titan 5500 DCS will.

---

If you have a problem with a T1, have your carrier dispatch a field tech with a TestPAD or TBERD and come and go intrusive on the line, on both sides of the demarc. And show you exactly what they are seeing.

By doing this, there is no confusion, and you both know what is going on. The TBERD will show you exactly what is happening, and the field tech can talk with the NOC to explain exactly what he sees, so they can check optioning.

If you were in Georgia, I'd just bring mine TestPAD over and help. 15minutes, you'd be good to go.

--
Only the fool fears asking a question.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,802
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,059 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (jsaad), 133 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024