web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kumba Offline OP
OP Offline
My vendor whom I've bought my Zhone channel banks from has finally sold out of them. That places me in the position of finding a new standard piece to offer to my customers.

My requirements are simple:
- 24FXS channels (or multiples of 24)
- Reliable and somewhat easy to program
- RBS T1 RJ48
- Support Bell CID
- Output PROPER POTS lines (no 30v crap)

The application is to obviously take a T1 from my phone dialer, break it out into 24 POTS lines, and then pass it over house wiring to the agent desks to power an SLT. Basically what any channel banks does.

Here's the ones I am currently considering in order of preference but need to learn more about:
- CAC Adit 600
- Adtran TA750
- Adtran 624 (whichever model gets the job done)

Opinions on the above 3 items? Quality of them? Pro's or Con's you have about them? Ease of programming? Do they output correct POTS lines? How hard is it to reset them if they are locked out with a password (buying one of each from e-bay to test)?

I appreciate all feedback and hope to make a decision on one soon. I have ordered one of each from E-Bay to do conformance testing with as well as some hand-on learning. My only fear with the e-bay route is trying to factory default one that's had a password set on it. Once I decide to go with one I'll usually fine a good refurbish supply of them and just run with it till I cant get them anymore.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
James -

I used to use CAC channel banks and liked them a lot, but it's been 7 or 8 years since I was in that end of the business. We used the Access Bank I & II units and I found them bulletproof.

Prior to the CACs we used Weco D4s and NEC 28Ds(?). They were literally as well as figuratively bulletproof. But big and clunky.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
I am not sure about price, but I am a big fan of adtran, the total acces 750 should meet your needs.

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
The CLEC's around here primarly use the Adtran 624. Many use to provide the TA750, but I think it has been discontinued. I don't think you can go wrong by choosing Adtran.

RHINO!

I just bought one CB24-FXO to test for a new customer, and it is completely firmware driven, with an LCD on the front. The only serial control is actually just emulating the front panel and buttons. Out of the box, plug it in, and it auto-detects the T1. Not super-cheap, not over-priced either. And they're all about Asterisk integration solutions. Very personable staff, the engineer who answered my questions by looking at the source code of the firmware was also the guy to write up my order.

The customer is looking to tap onto about 100 analog extensions, and record them programmatically using my software, using Dialogic T1 cards. Rhino is the only one who has a silent monitoring (hi-z) option. Random Adtran sales guy said "Nope" and he didn't ask anyone else.

I went through a bunch of those Zhones... too cheap. The command-line interface was horrible, the digital loggers people kept messing up the orders, sending the wrong units.. sure they were only a couple hundred bucks, but it showed.

Rob Cashman
Customer Support Engineer
Kumba Offline OP
OP Offline
For the price of the Rhino I would just assume buy an AudioCodes MP124 and save on the costs of the T1 card.

I am also not sure that a Rhino would survive well in a hot broom closet. The Adtran and CAC's are well ventilated and designed for abusive environments. The Rhino's seem like they would need to sit in a server room to me.

There is also a healthy grey market for the Adtran and CAC which means that availability for other people to support it and find parts for it will be better.

Pass on the 624, they are geared more for Integrated T1 and I've had some firmware problems with them. You can't go wrong with the TA750. You can default them to Factory settings by holding down a key as they boot.

I have used the TA750 - no issues. From what I understand they are EoL and the TA850 has replaced them - so far not impressed. I have bought them from 3 different dealers and had bad main boards. Maybe just a bad batch. I am getting two more to try in the next few weeks if a deal goes through with a new dialer customer - I am hoping I have no problems with them.

Dave C

I was using a couple of old Vina Technologies banks, but they are obsolete to the point that I can't even find the company who made them.

Now I have switched to a couple of used Adtran 750's from Ebay, and they work fine. Plug-n-play...no issues...bulletproof. I am using both FXS and FXO cards.

(I am using them on T1's from an Asterisk PBX as a tandem office to my step-by-step switch.)

(see www.CKTS.info)

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Go with the Adtran's.. Either the 624, 750 or 850s.. They all will do what you are looking for. We use all three and have great sucess. The best thing is Adtran's Support and warranty. I don't think you can find too many better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 117 guests, and 228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024