web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
gcave
did u check out the link and how much of the new stuff have u used? Systems are getting cheaper because manufacturing is getting cheaper. Hell I bought a Buffalo 2G backup drive today for less then I paid for my first 33M computer. Less expensive don't mean cheap. Why do you think cisco bought Linksys?
"Cheap stuff for mainly home use that has very limited capability with a good price. Unfortunately you are buying equipment that is going to run your business and time is money."
Got some news for you... most of us on this forum are small to medium sized business and from what I have gathered most of our customers are the same. we all have to balance quality and cost and that is why I brought up Linksys.
Face it Cisco is not set up for my customer or me to quickly troubleshoot anything! It is set up for the user to be significantly overcharged by someone who can discern the "cisco jargon" to fix a problem that shouldnt exist.
By the way I already posted the link to the new Linksys, check it out and them ask ????
To everyone else take a look and talk to your rep.
this is some pretty good stuff/

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

p.s. gcave
I spent alot of time in WV. Morgantown to be more specific so don't get too mad at me. :toast:

We prefer the Adtran NetVanta. We use them for 99% of our applications. Reliable and cheeper than Cisco.

It all depends on the situation. Even the Linksys SGE2000P, which runs between $800-$900, is not going to be "reasonably priced" to the typical small business owner. It is, however, a far cry from the consumer grade junk with the blue cases.

We use HP Procurve gear where the situation warrants. Not cheap, but rock solid with a lifetime warranty. Also have used Adtran and Cisco. All three make great products.

-Steve
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Gcave. We understand that you will not use anything but cisco. However this is a forum for discussion/Information. Not for bashing.

I personally do not like to use cisco unless it is needed. Which in most cases it is not.

I am not going to get into an agrument over weather cisco is better than the other manufactures. It would be long and not very productive on your part or mine. All I will say is that every manufactur has its place. Cisco, Extreme Networks, Adtran, Netgear, HP, Etc. All are good manufactures with different plus's and minus's. It is all a mater of what people are capable or prefer to support. I am able to support most. Including cisco. Lets just leave it at that and not clutter up the forum with remarks. Without information this forum is not good for anyone. Your post previously that state your reasoning for using cisco was very informative. But you have to let people make there own decision's. All you can do is give the information and answer any questions that may come up.

Brian

All In One Communications
Mustang, OK
I am sorry I did a poor job explaining my observations. I share the same opinion that all equipment has its place for specific application. My goal was never to belittle anyone but share my experiences. I can see I have ruffled feathers and I do apologize for that, it was NOT my intent.

We use HP Procurve in most cases. They are solid and I have never had to replace one. The Adtran NetVanta series is also a good product. Ive never worked with the Extreme Networks switches. The problem I find with Cisco is that you have to learn their propriatary command line language to do any in-depth programming on them. I shy away from Linksys as I have had a lot of problems with them in high network traffic cases. This is definately going to be the case with VOIP and data on the same network.

Samsung Dealer
www.firstcoastbiz.com
I hear you Cracker. HP Procurve is a good product. Used it several times with great results.

The Extreme networks switches are also a great product. If you have never used one you might give them a try sometime.

All In One Communications
Mustang, OK
I would strongly recommend going straight up to cisco switches over the linksys products.. a bit more expensive, but for future usage, they are far more robust and upgradeable (although cisco does offer a trade-up program from linksys to cisco

I've used both, but I prefer cisco by far.. Although I may be biased, considering I am a Cisco CCNA

Future Telecom Guy
Current Network Engineer (data)
Curently Maintaining Nortel MICS Systems, and supporting Intel-Tel.

Certified Fiber Optic Technician & CCNA

Anyone in Seattle able to help hook me up with a telecom gig?
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,613 Shoretel
189,503 CTX100 install
187,758 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024