web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
OP Offline
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
I recently switched to FIOS ... and just got this email.

Don't worry about surprise repair expenses for your telephone wiring and jacks inside your home. The Verizon Inside Wire Maintenance plan covers diagnosis and repair of the inside telephone wiring and jacks that provide your Verizon dial tone service, for just $7.99 per month.

Our 99.9% network reliability covers your phone service. Extend that peace of mind all the way to the inside your home with our worry-free Wire Maintenance plan.

For less than 27 cents a day, there will be one less thing to worry about, and it's a simple call or click away!

Can you even imagine in this day and age someone would buy this??

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Mobil Phones, Computers
Why wouldn't people buy this? Sure for us it seems like a waste of money but think about the majority of people who have no idea or clue how any of this works. All it takes is 1 inside trouble and a bill for 150 bucks for a truck roll to see that this is actually not a bad deal for lots of folks.

thats 95$ a year, most people i know have not see a phone tech for years, and i mean laymen who wouldnt know tip from ring. thats 7.99 you could put in a high interest savings account and dip in when there is a problem

Jay, a recovering IT guy
Could you recommend a high interest savings account? I haven’t seen one in several years!

SST Offline
$95 x 10 years = $950. Even if you had a couple of trouble repairs in 10 years it would only be $200 or $400. Most homes don't have 1 repair in 10 years. this is a huge money maker for Verizon.

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Makes me proud to be a Verizon stockholder ;-)

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
The problem that I see is that most of the Verizon technicians around here lack true troubleshooting skills. We had one who actually stopped by here yesterday to tell me that he's in over his head and wanted to know if we could do the repair for the customer. In his defense, he was working with a ComKey 416 system and he did do the right thing by knowing his limitations. He took the initiative to take our card, to call the customer and to arrange for us to go out there.

While I admire this guy for the extra effort that he made, the customer still has an inside wiring issue that they will end up paying us to fix. The inside wiring maintenance fee that they've been paying for on all of their lines for years won't likely be reimbursed.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
They probably looked at it, and their eyes glazed over...

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Were looking at this from an insider point of view though. Yes it makes them money. That's the point of selling. How many times have we seen clients hit with truck roll charges because they trouble was inside? For someone who doesn't know anything this is like buying a maintenance agreement on an appliance. These plans are mostly aimed at residential not commercial and theres not going to be too many phone systems or very hard to troubleshoot inside wiring situations as opposed to commercial.

i just find its pricey, its like my grandfather who was paying rent on a 500 set until he died in 2002, it was costing him 8$ a month. those phones could be had at the time at woolco for 12$.

I personally am not looking at this charge from an insider point of view. Im looking at it from a consumers view. Inside wiring when not touched (like what most people do) is fairly reliable. As a child i remember bell only comming out to our house on the rare occaision my mom dribbled water in a jack after stripping wallpaper, and that was VERY rare. This to me is some accountant saying "lets think of a service where we wont have to do much and take in a lot more" its similar to here in quebec they mandated drivers ed and made an 800$ ceiling on the price of the course, so some driving schools are chargning 300$ for a text book. In business they are always looking for a new way to find revenue streams.

Jay, a recovering IT guy
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024