web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Anne Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a problem with my phone system. There are three phones which used to ring aloud at the same time the console rang. These three phones no longer ring out loud. If the console operator is on the phone noone can hear other lines ringing into our office. Is this a programming problem or a hardware problem? There are the fourth, fifth and sixth phones which do ring after approx three faint rings from the console. Please direct me in the correct direction and provide a possible solution. Thank you!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
It sounds like your 4th, 5th, and 6th phone are on delay ring. Check the ones that should ring and make sure that the volume is not off. Also see if the system my be in night mode (Intercom light at station 10 will be blinking if it is, to turn off hit intercom # and that will put it back in day mode. Also make sure they are not on DO NOT DISTURB . If the above doesn't fix your problem you will have to check the programming. You can find that system at the following link
https://tel-programmer.com/links/

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
Anne Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for your prompt reply. I did check the volume on the phones. The volume is fine. The console is not on night mode. I do not think that they are on Do Not Disturb...I will check that now. I have already hyperlinked to the programming site. Thank you for the direction. I read up on this over the weekend and hopefully will figure out what happened by Monday. Bye the way, all of my phones used to ring for all incoming calls. Now 3 do not ring at all and 3 ring on ring delay. This has been going on for over three weeks. I've just been on the phone so much that I only noticed when the staff complained....Have a great weekend!

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
If thats the case then I would re-program the ringing and you should be back to normal.
Good luck and if you need any help just post it and we will help ya out. By the way you might have a ringing switch for off-low-high on your phones depending on the model, you might want to check those to.
dtmf

Anne Offline OP
OP Offline
After reading the manual, we did the self-test on the three phones which no longer ring. These phones no longer ring even after the entire self-test finished. I put one of the phones which rings on the same same incoming line. This phone does ring at my desk. I'm assuming this is now a hardware problem unless you have any other suggestions. Thank you. Anne

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
A self test will not make the phone ring. You will have to go into station programming and reprogram the stations that need to ring.
Hope this helps
dtmf

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
dtmf
I think Anne said that the phones that didn't ring would not ring even in the self test. During a self test the phone will do a bleep bleep ring at the end of the test.
Anne
It's hard for me to believe that 3 phones would all have the same problem of not ringing. I would re-program (like dtmf suggested) the 3 phones to ring again and make sure your not in Night Ring (turned off and on from station 10 or receptionist) and double check on the rear of the phones that the ringer is turned to on.

Hope that help's
[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Yes test-ok they will give two short Intercom rings at the end of a self test but I'm sure that they need a program thrown on them.
Anne
when you reprogram those phones be sure that you do the full program sheet on each phone as they will loose some of the other features such as prime line, ringing line pref. and so on if you don't do the full station program. let us know how it goes.
dtmf

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited 06-18-2001).]

Anne Offline OP
OP Offline
I printed out the station programming. I need to know if all of the programming is done from station 10 (the console phone). The directions say start from station 10 but never say to go back to the station I'm going to program. Is this right? Also I am a bit perplexed with the instructions. Must I do each step in the station COS Programming guide even if I want to accept the default? It appears to me that some of the directions are telling me to enter something if I want to choose a selection other than the default. Do I enter the number and wait a moment for the default to automatically register and then enter the next number?..or do I skip that task altogether? I'm assuming the most important programming that I need to enter is the "Press [2] for direct ringing" and then press all lines which should receive a direct ring at the station I'm programming. When the directions list a default = No the directions only give an option to select something different. If I mistakenly opt for something other than the default how do I change it back? Sorry for so many questions but I don't want to make any changes which will prevent me from using my phone. I also don't know what the call zones are. Is there a manual online? Thank you once again. Anne

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Yes you do all programming from station 10.
start at step 1 and just skip the features you don't want on the phone but go down the chart in order. Repeat for each station you want to program.To change if a mistake is made just redo the station and it will kick out the old and put in the new program.
Zones are used for paging a group of phones in lets say different dept. you can program groups to be in different groups but most people don't use this feature and stay with all call which is a default feature
I hope this isn't confusing to you if it is give me a call and I will explain it to you and help you get through it.my number is in my profile.
To
Hope this helps
dtmf

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited 06-19-2001).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024