Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#27619 01/07/02 05:03 PM
Thomas Offline OP
OP Offline
A question about Keyvoice Small OfficeLite v. 8.2...
Forgive me if this is the wrong list for this question, but it seems to be a Comdial product...

In the ACD Box menu, there is an option called "Offer Other Options After ___ Announcements." The help screen says that the computer is supposed to play a specified number of Pre-Recorded messages as specified in this option, and then ask the caller if they would like the operator, other options, etc. No matter what I set this number to, the computer rings all the extensions on the ACD Group (I have 3), offers the options, and then plays 1 of the Pre-Recorded announcements. I would like it to ring the extensions, play Announcement number 1, ring the extensions again, play Announcement number 2, and THEN after 2 or 3 cycles of this, offer the other options. Am I misunderstanding the purpose of this "Offer Other Options..." option?

Many thanks for all of you who share your knowledge.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#27620 01/08/02 02:12 PM
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
I haven't had the chance to work on them .
Let me see what I can find out.
Or maybe some one will post that has worked on them

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
#27621 01/08/02 03:17 PM
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
It is made by Comdial, I have nothing on it at all. Try cyberphoneguy maybe he has worked on them. Did it come with a manual? if so check out the setup scenarios.
Sorry I couldn't help
dtmf

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
#27622 01/08/02 03:44 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thomas:
A question about Keyvoice Small OfficeLite v. 8.2...
Forgive me if this is the wrong list for this question, but it seems to be a Comdial product...

In the ACD Box menu, there is an option called "Offer Other Options After ___ Announcements." The help screen says that the computer is supposed to play a specified number of Pre-Recorded messages as specified in this option, and then ask the caller if they would like the operator, other options, etc. No matter what I set this number to, the computer rings all the extensions on the ACD Group (I have 3), offers the options, and then plays 1 of the Pre-Recorded announcements. I would like it to ring the extensions, play Announcement number 1, ring the extensions again, play Announcement number 2, and THEN after 2 or 3 cycles of this, offer the other options. Am I misunderstanding the purpose of this "Offer Other Options..." option?

Many thanks for all of you who share your knowledge.
</font>

Have you recorded the messages that you would like played in the ACD customer service box. If this is not done then the system will play the caned message and then offer the other options.
The KVT/ACD is not a true ACD. It will only transfer one call at a time and it requires a voice mail port for every incoming line.
If you are using a comdial telephone system. there may be a cleaner way to handle your calls.

#27623 01/08/02 05:09 PM
Thomas Offline OP
OP Offline
I have 2 (out of a possible 6) messages recorded. It rings the extensions, offers other options, plays Message #1, rings the extensions, offers other options, plays Message #2, rings the extensions, offers other options, plays message #1. Shouldn't adjusting the value in this field cut out some of those "other options offers?" Or do I need to have all six of the messages recorded for it to work properly?

Aside from this one small detail, the system seems to work well for our size (5 trunk lines and 39 extensions). I use this ACD box to try 3 extensions sequentially when someone presses zero for the operator. What are your ideas for alternatives, CTIGuyz? Thanks.

#27624 01/30/02 08:07 PM
Instead of using the ACD box (I'm assuming it's a DOS system) try setting up a group intercom number and giving all phones access to it. Do the transfer through a mailbox set to wait answer on transfer and record the "all reps busy as the greeting. Point the if caller does not want to leave a message option back to the same box and offer the option of pressing "3" to try again in the greeting. The ACD functionality is not really smooth unless using an NT or WIN 2000 platform. Also if you must use ACD box add the line "fast ACD transfer" in the vm.cfg file.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,314 CTX100 install
187,087 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, jkmartin), 139 guests, and 294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024