Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
OP Offline
We have taken over an existing DX-80 816 with AAM card and an 8 port "in skin" KeyVoice VoiceMail. I have a DX-80 Manual.
I need to re-record the AA greeting (it answers when system is put into Night Mode at Sta 101). I have gone into the AA programming (page 3-17 to 3-19) but can't hear or access the greeting when I push the soft key "play". On all greetings there is no time alotted, and every greeting gives a "beep" when I press the "play" key. However there IS a greeting...and if I call from an outside line when system is in Night mode...I hear the message and I can be transfered to any extension by dialing it--so I know that it is an AA and not just a mailbox. But where is the greeting??? What am I not doing? Is there a batch of greetings that I am not aware of? Thanks in advance. You guys are great.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What type of Voice Mail? Some have main greetings in the "800" range of mailboxes, you'll find Day, Night and Routing Mailbox greetings in this area

OP Offline
It is the Comdial "in skin" 8-port card voice mail--I haven't taken the front off of the ksu yet...but it should be just a card.
I don't recall seeing anything else...but the ksu is on the wall in a large "server" room with many PCs. Perhaps I overlooked the VM. Perhaps it isn't in the KSU as I ASSumed. I was thinking that it had the AA 4 port card and THAT was what was acting as the AA. Well, let me go back there next week and take another look. I have some manuals for the KeyVoice PC-based equipment and am somewhat familiar with them. Thanks.

On our KeyVoice, the main greeting is box 800 and the night greeting is box 801. You can only change the greeting from the "owner" of these boxes, which I would assume is the operator extension. I would try going into the operator extension mail box, select the greeting change option and enter 800 for the box number.

In order to change the greeting you must go into the systems admin usualy box 70. From there you can change the greeting in box 800 or 801 if the system hasn't been changed too much. Also the system is alot easier to program from a laptop using keylink software and direct DB-9 to DB-9 cable connecting to the voice mail system.

[This message has been edited by RayGrant (edited March 13, 2002).]

Also try recording in greeting zero of that box. Zero is the default greeting for your routing boxes. The routing boxes is what the system uses to answer with. If you need further help call me at 1 888 904 4MTS, or (760)788-3687.

This might be what you are looking for in relationship to the DX80 Auto Attendant manual. It was taken out of the DX80 manual.

Automated Attendant (optional)

The DX-80 Auto Attendant option can greatly enhance business office productivity by providing either a full-duty automated attendant to handle all incoming system calls or a part-duty automated attendant to handle overflow traffic only when the primary attendant cannot handle calls or after hours when the position may not be staffed.

The optional Automated Attendant Module (AAM) may be added to the DX-80 System. The AAM is installed inside of KSU1 and provides a maximum of 120 seconds of programmable voice announcements. The AAM provides four ports to handle four (4) simultaneous callers. These voice announcements include: Day, Evening, Noon and Temporary greeting messages; Waiting, Invalid, Busy, No Answer, Good-Bye and Inquiry prompts/instructions. The maximum recording time for each greeting/message and the actual recording for each voice announcement is setup via Attendant Administration.

Related Features
Attendant Administration DISA (Direct Inward System Access)

Related Programming
Call Handling - Auto Attendant (Category 1, 2 and 3)
System Application - Time Switching

Operation – Setting up the Auto-Attendant Greetings and Messages
Proper setup of the automated attendant will require some planning prior to entering the setup session.
Adequate planning of announcements and the required results are essential to deploying a successful
automated attendant operation. Consider the ten (10) messages/greetings and any specific telephone
system dialing operations that have been established for your DX-80 application.

Consider the following:

. What are the extension numbers that should be listed in the greeting, if any?

. Should any UCD Group directory numbers be announced? (For example, dial 410 for Sales.)

. Will you be using the “Inquiry” message? (The Inquiry “*” may be dialed during the DAY, ALT, or EVE Greeting to provide a recorded announcement to the caller – for example, directions to the office: “To get recorded directions to our office, dial *. Otherwise, stay on the line and we’ll be with you soon.”)

. Do you want to advise callers of the “Waiting Code”? (The Waiting Code, “#” may be dialed when the called party’s extension is busy. When the caller hears the “BUSY MSG” she may dial the Waiting Code to wait 10 seconds. When ten seconds have expired the DX-80 system will automatically try the extension again.)

Prepare a written announcement for each message/greeting.

Messages/Greetings are as follows:

DAY GREETING - This is the greeting the callers hear when they are answered while the system is in “DAY” mode of operation. (For example, “Hello, this is xyz company. If you know your party’s extension number,
dial it now. Dial ‘0’ for the system ttendant. For sales, dial ‘410.’ To get recorded directions to our office, dial
‘*’. Otherwise stay on the line, we will be with you shortly.”)

ALT GREETING - This is the greeting that callers hear when they are answered while the system is in “ALTernate” mode of operation.

EVE GREETING - This is the greeting that callers hear when they are answered while the system is in EVEning mode of operation. (For example, “Hello, this is xyz company. You have reached us after our regular business hours. If you know your party’s extension number, dial it now. To get recorded directions to our office, dial ‘*’. Thank you for calling.”)

WAITING MSG. - This is the message that callers hear after their call has been processed. (E.g., “Your call is being transferred.”)

INVALID MSG. - This is the message that callers hear when they have dialed a number that is not defined in the DX-80 system directory. (E.g., “We’re sorry that is not a valid extension on our system.”)

BUSY MSG. - This is the message that callers hear when they have dialed an extension number that is busy. (E.g., “We’re sorry, that extension is currently busy. To wait for this extension, dial “#” or dial another
extension now.”)

NO_ANS MSG. - This is the message that callers hear when the extension they entered does not answer the call. Another extension request may be made at this time. (E.g., “Your party does not answer, please
enter another extension number or dial 0 for the system attendant.”)

BYE MSG. - This is the message that callers hear when the DX-80 system is about to disconnect them. This occurs when the caller dials nothing after a Busy Message or No Answer Message has been played.

INQUIRY MSG. - This is a special message that can provide callers with information without ever having to be handled by a live person. (E.g., directions to the ffice... “From SR101, take the Via deVentura exit - West, 2 blocks to Hayden - North to 14645 N. Hayden Road”)

TEMP MSG. - This is a message that can be used to announce periodic planned or planned events. (E.g., “Our offices are closed in observance of the holiday.”)

Setup:

. Enter Attendant Administration from any digital speakerphone.

o Press FEATURE # 0.
o Enter the Tenant Group (1,2, or 3) for which settings will be made.
o Press [save].
o Enter the Attendant Password for the selected Tenant Group. The default password is 9999.
o Press [show]. The display shows "SVC MODE CHANGE.”

. Press [next]. The display shows “AUTO_A MESSAGE.”

. Press [show]. The display shows “1.DAY GREETING.” This is the greeting that callers will hear when they are answered by the DX-80 Automated Attendant and the system is in the “DAY” mode of operation. (Notice that the button LED is lit during the Automated Attendant setup session. This indicates that the speakerphone microphone will be active during the record portions of setup. Alternatively, the handset may be used for recording.)

. To record this greeting, press [show]. The display will show “RECORD TIME :xx” (where “xx” is the current time allotted to this message).

o To change the total length allotted to this message, press [chg].
Enter the new time in seconds (00-99) then press [save].

. Press [play ] to hear the current contents of this greeting/message.
The display shows “AUTO_ATT NO. :1” indicating that you will hear the recorded greeting for the first port. (Keep in mind there are four ports. Each recorded simultaneously during the “record” operation.
You may use the [chg ] function to playback each individual port to test each for proper operation.

. Press [record to begin recording this greeting. Once [record ] has been pressed, the record
operation is immediately begun. (Note: The length of the message/greeting to be recorded cannot exceed the allotted time length for this greeting/message.)

o Press stop to end the recording of this message. (Note: If the Record Time is exceeded, the record operation will end automatically.)

o Press the Hold button to return to the previous level of setup. (“1.DAY GREETING”)

v To skip to the next greeting/message, press [next]. The display will show “2.ALT GREETING”

. Use the conventions described for “1.DAY GREETING” to playback and record all greeting/messages.

. When finished with setup of the automated attendant, press or hang up the handset to end the setup session.

Conditions
a) Automatic CO Line Ringing time settings must be programmed in Time Switching and completely set for a
seven (7) day week for Automatic CO Line Ringing Modes to properly follow a automatic switching schedule.
b) The optional AAM must be installed for automated attendant to function.

Default Setting
No CO Lines are set for automated attendant operation.
The Answer Position is set to Extension “101” for DAY, ALT and EVE modes.
Ring Time to Answer is set at “0” seconds.
No Answer Time is set at “20” seconds.
Drop No digits Dialed is set to “No.”
XFR Mode set to RBT (Ring Back Tone).
Waiting Code set to “#.”
Inquiry Code set to “*.”
DISA Code set to “9.”

Programming Abstract

. Set the system time and date to the correct local time and date (for Time mode operation).

. Program the CO lines to be answered by the automated attendant and for the service modes that they should be answered.

. Program the various timers and settings. (See default list.)

DX80'S ARE DOGS. CHECK WITH COMDIAL TECH SUPPORT AND MAKE SURE YOU DON'T HAVE ON OF THE MANY BAD ONES OUT THERE. ONLY EVER SOLD ONE, NEVER NEVER NEVER WILL AGAIN.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,763
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,443 Shoretel
188,296 CTX100 install
187,080 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Carl Navarro), 137 guests, and 231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024