web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#27748 03/08/02 12:55 PM
OP Offline
Please let me know if I am on the right track.

We have a DSU with serial integration with a Key Voice Tech Digital Voice mail. The voice mail answers immediately with an auto attendant.

We want the voice mail to announce blah, blah, blah and then "press zero for an operator...".

When the caller presses zero we watn the caller to "alert" several extensions at the same time and then pick up the line and handle the call. All phones have direct line appearances.

Is the feature Direct Department Calling the correct feature to use? Or, is there a better one? Can the assigned extension for
the Direct Department Calling feature be assigned to a second intercom button so we can determine if it is an "operator/alert" call and not our individual intercom that is alerting?

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#27749 03/15/02 12:13 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Larry MTI:
Please let me know if I am on the right track.

We have a DSU with serial integration with a Key Voice Tech Digital Voice mail. The voice mail answers immediately with an auto attendant.

We want the voice mail to announce blah, blah, blah and then "press zero for an operator...".

When the caller presses zero we watn the caller to "alert" several extensions at the same time and then pick up the line and handle the call. All phones have direct line appearances.

Is the feature Direct Department Calling the correct feature to use? Or, is there a better one? Can the assigned extension for
the Direct Department Calling feature be assigned to a second intercom button so we can determine if it is an "operator/alert" call and not our individual intercom that is alerting?

Thanks
</font>

This is where the DSU and DSU II software bites the dust. You cannot ring more than one station after first going to voice mail. You can send it to a department or other where it will ring the first station, then the next station and so on, up to maybe ten stations; but not at the same time. Only DXP and FX systems can ring a station group of many stations at once with the ring all feature.

#27750 03/15/02 12:41 PM
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gatman:

This is where the DSU and DSU II software bites the dust. You cannot ring more than one station after first going to voice mail. You can send it to a department or other where it will ring the first station, then the next station and so on, up to maybe ten stations; but not at the same time. Only DXP and FX systems can ring a station group of many stations at once with the ring all feature.
</font>

I thought so, Thanks for the bad news.

#27751 03/15/02 12:50 PM
If I remember correctly, you may be able to do this. Under system programming in the phone system you will have to activate DCD Ring All on Transfered Call. Set up your Department and add your stations. Know in the Debut, I believe you will have to make a mailbox were the zero out option will go. Then in the Transfer to field, put the Pilot code assigned to the Department. And if I remember correctly, all the phones should ring. Good Luck.

#27752 03/19/02 09:27 PM
CONNECT AN ANALOG EXTENSION (ADT-D) INTO THE SYSTEM VIA AN OUTSIDE LINE PORT. PROGRAM THIS "LINE" TO RING AT YOUR "OPERATOR" PHONES AND HAVE THE OPERATOR MAILBOX 9DEFAULT IS BOX 888) TRANSFER TO THAT EXTENSION. WORKS QUITE NICELY, AND KEEPS THE DSU, DSUII FROM "BITING THE DUST"!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (pvj), 163 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024