Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#27811 04/16/02 08:34 AM
Thomas Offline OP
OP Offline
Regarding our Keyvoice Small OfficeLite v. 8.2. and the Digitech 1632 system . . .

Every once in awhile, some sort of a loop is created in which one of the VM ports is tied up while it is routed from ext. 10 (box 10) voicemail back to the main menu (box 821) over and over. This usually only happens at night or on a weekend. The undesirable outcome is that box 10 gets filled up with over 100 vm messages of the main menu message or message options.

I guess somehow a disconnect signal is not getting sent from the Impact to the VM, but why does it only happen occasionally (once every few months)? Is there any fix for this? I don't think the problem is in the routing boxes of the VM because it doesn't happen often. When it does, though, our poor secretary spends a good amount of time deleting messages.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

sounds like you have intermittent co line disconnect.

If you are doing a supervised transfer check you transfer recall timer. If it is set to a time less then the the time vm is set to pull back the caller the loop you are talking about will accure. Have you done any after hour testing to see if the trouble can be reproduced.

Thomas Offline OP
OP Offline
I have not been able to recreate the loop since it is so sporadic -- it only happens about once every three months.

I did, however, check the "Unanswered Call Transfer Recall Timer" and it was set to 20 seconds, and the VM would ring the extension for about 31 sec., so maybe there was a conflict there. I increased the first one and decreased the second one, so we'll see if that clears up the problem. Thanks for the advice.

you know, i am working for the second time on this type of voicemail that is connected to a panasonic KXTD816. This job was aquired and for some reason this type of loop occurred as well on me. We are not sure if it was right before, but I am sure they would have said something about it. No matter what extension you TT in, it would ring the operator extension. The clue was the different rings. I knew the system was transferring the call, but for some reason, turned around and rang like a quick no answer or busy. What I did was have the young lady change their night greeting to reflect a way to hit digit 2 for office personal. I made the MB 821 reflect the change and it worked for them. Its a small company, the option to leave mail at night is basically for employees anyway. since I did not have a book on this VM, I took the easy road out and delighted the customer with this fix. I am sure, if this VM lives any longer I will need to find a real fix. I really don't like the easy way out, but I had no choice. Brad

The only dumb question is the one you don’t ask as that is the question that can make or break you. Brad

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,732 Shoretel
189,787 CTX100 install
187,935 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 123 guests, and 308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024