web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
cnbrown Offline OP
OP Offline
Does anyone have experience with a Dictaphone Freedom recorder connected to any Comdial equipment, especially a DXP?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Brown
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
I have 2 DXP's connected to dictaphone equip. I could not however tell what the model is. What are you are trying to do?

cnbrown Offline OP
OP Offline
Actually we need to record some of our employees. Some of our clients are wanting wav files of phone conversations that our employees have with their customers/prospects. We are thinking about have a capacity of 8 ports on the recorder. This should be enough for now. Current estimations show that we should only need to be able to record 6 folks at a time right now, but I wanted a little room for growth (and the cards support 4 ports each).

The rep at Dictaphone is researching the integration with the DXP, I was just doing a little research on my own. He is researching the integration options, analog, or a digital interface. I know there are digital interfaces available (probably similar to the ones used in iNTerchange boxes) and I think I would prefer this type of connection. Actually I'm not quite sure how the "tap" occurs, I am assuming the recorder initiates a service observe monitor.

That's about as much as I know right now. Hopefully I'll know more at the end of the day today when the rep gets back with me.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Brown
The company I work for is a 24hr answering service as well and we use a voice logger made by Thales called a Mirra series 2. The lines for the ops come in over T's so we were unable to "tap" into true dial tone to record but we were able to tap into the headset aduio portion to get the recordings. With regular POTs lines it can be put before the swtich and also log CID and outgoing digits as well. The recordings are stored on DVD ram disks and we've been averaging 1 disk a month with about 1200-2000 calls a day. The logger has a TCP interface that lets you look up recordings and e-mail them if desired. If you're interested let me know and I can hook you up with more info.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,613 Shoretel
189,506 CTX100 install
187,769 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 132 guests, and 362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024