web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
2quick questions-when going off hook on digital phones/ext.,how do i program the next available line? Right now it grabs the last co.but if someone is on that last co they have to grab next line manually.2nd. 6 months ago I programmed ext.150 for a fax, it worked perfectly, recently when outside fax comes into dx80/with voicemail, the fax does not answer and goes to voicemail box 101. Is it call forwarded at ext.150? thanks-dave

dave
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

set each phone with feature 95 to select [co gp]and input the line group directory number [9 is default] by default the system will choose last to first and that can be changed to first to last.

As for the 2nd question you will have to begin by troubleshooting. Send a fax to the auto attendant and monitor the line with a butt set and listen to what happens.
see if the AA hears the fax signal and tries to transfer the call to 150.
mark

See if the problem with the fax is happening with all incoming faxes from different machines. I found that one of my clients can't send faxes to us when our fax is hooked up to the DX80, they just get the AA. So if I know that there sending a fax I will re-cross connect the CO line directly to the fax station cable.Some fax machines just don't transmit the way they should with the DX80. Also, try eliminating the DX80 from the fax process. This will tell you if it a compatibility or programming issue. I know that in my scenerio it is a compatibility problem because I can receive faxes from other machines with no problem.

I've not had that problem (yet) with the DX80, but on other systems I've found that if my number is dialed by the fax machines speed dial, it comes through, but manually it would fail. This happened frequently on the IVX (old) system. I think some people wait for a fax tone before they press send.
mark

One this same topic, I set up a specific CO to handle the fax line, and programmed the DX-80 to send it to that analog port (149). Some faxes work ok, but then other don't get picked up by the internal fax switch. This is usually where callers are using an older machine they dial out by voice first. Is there any way to transfer a call to the analog line once it's picked up on the CO line by the attendant (human, as no AutoAttendant is used).

Thanks!
GM

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
You should be able to hit Transfer and dial the fax station (149)or press it's DSS/BLF button and hang up, the call should ring the fax.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
Thanks! I didn't realize you could access the analog ports the same way.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,654 Shoretel
189,545 CTX100 install
187,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 123 guests, and 260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024