web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
thopper Offline OP
OP Offline
We are having problems getting the WLAN600 VoIP phone from Viper Networks to work on a Comdial MP5000. If anyone has any pointers on what I can check on, could you please pass me a note?

Configs on the phone "OutBound Proxy" I have set to the IP address of our sip server. Then on "SIP Proxy" there is a field for "SIP URI" "sip: ___ @ ip address : port" and then also Registrar Username and Password and Display Name. The u/p/display name are all filled in correctly. For the sip uri I have the extension # ip address of the sip server and port 5060.

I have verified that the phone IS getting connected to the wireless lan and is communicating (its the only way to change the SIP proxy server, through the phones web interface). I have verified that the phone, when trying to authenticate, tries to use the 'Outbound proxy' ip address to connect to.

There is no error indications on the WLAN600 phone itself. Other than "Not registered" because it is not logging in to the sip server. Is there some way to see errors on the SIP server? We have 5 or 6 EP200 licences for the sip server. I was unsure as to wether we needed a different type of license to enable a 3rd party device on the server. Getting ahold of Comdial and someone who actually may know the answer can be a 3 day task in an of itself.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Also, this is my first post, I thought it would be appropriate here in Comdial's section, but if I should cross-post it elsewhere, let me know as well.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

3rd Party Endpoint License is required to enable registration of 3rd party SIP endpoints with the MP5000.

thopper Offline OP
OP Offline
Incidentally, took us a while, but we got the 3rd party license after some haggling and got it installed. We assigned a new SIP user to the 3rd party license and things are working ok now. In case anyone was wondering if these phones would actually work with the COMDIAL systems (yes, sip is sip is supposed to work with sip, but we all know how that can be [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] ).

Incidentally, about the wlan600 phone, I had to turn on the broadcast (so everyone can see it) of our access point and disable the encryption for it to work right. I tried two different access points (Cisco Aironet 1200 and DLink 800AP+), the wlan600 didn't like either one when using '64Bit' WEP encryption. Haven't tried the 128bit, that's for another time if I am really that bored.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,792
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,135 Shoretel
188,990 CTX100 install
187,373 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Professor Shadow, James D.), 161 guests, and 268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024