web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#30033 08/18/04 11:03 PM
SPF0 Offline OP
OP Offline
I installed a DX80 at customer site recently (8X16X4). 7271C Flash mail locks up when calling from outside. I replaced the voice mail board and the CPU and still have the same problem. In addition, loaded a new, clean "delayed ring" A33 database for 4 port.
It runs smoothly for about 2 hours then locks up sporadically when calling in. Sporadically meaning most of the time.
Sometimes get Auto Greeting sometimes not.
Sometimes will transfer to extension voice mail box and sometimes not.
Sometimes will ring twice to extension the get "dead air".
Sometimes will ring CO twice hear click then dead air.
Any ideas?
Thank you.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

SPF0 Offline OP
OP Offline
So I called the site this morning a few times.
The first time connected to voice mail.
The second third and 4th time heard an audible click after two rings then dead air.
The 4th time after waiting for about 10 minutes got the main greeting again.

SPF0 Offline OP
OP Offline
Another interesting fact. I called in to the customer site again, the VM picked up, got into box 70, etc. The voice mail stopped, but i waited about a minute and it started again about where it left off (when it stopped). It continues to do this.
VM...stop....about a minute...starts....goes for about a minute and stops again.....and continues with this process.

This all sounds very odd. You should start with the most basic troubleshooting techniques; verify clean power and ground, pull the voicemail card, does the system behave properly without it? What do you see in keylink on the VM display screen when you call in and it's acting up?
mark

[This message has been edited by markk (edited August 19, 2004).]

SPF0 Offline OP
OP Offline
Mark
It is very odd. I am going to be onsite tomorrow with Keylink and dial in to see what errors I may get. A friend also mentioned that I should check to see if the Vmail battery is good and or in wrong.

Thats a good idea but the battery only holds up the memory during a power out, if it was in wrong, trouble would crop up when the power dipped or dropped off. That would point you back to your good, clean power source and ground. You are using a battery back up right?
I'll be around tomorrow afternoon (I think) if you need help. Info is in my profile. Bigdog3 in the voicemail forum could also help on this one, you might even cross post it. Just paste the link to here.
mark

SPF0 Offline OP
OP Offline
Mark
I pulled the system out yesterday after Comdial tech support could not figure out why this is happening. I have a case number with them. Will follow up with you to let you know what happens.
To date:
Replaced voice mail board
Replace cabinet
Cold started a number of times
Re-loaded software

Very strange as this is the second voice mail board and the second cabinet.
I think it is a settings or software issue.

What are you using for your modular connections to the system line ports?
Maybe you have some bad crimp connections that lose contact. It's a stretch but it would seem logical that the trouble is something common to both systems, like power, ground or connections.
I have a lot of A33 systems out there with nothing like this happening. Keep us posted on this please, and what is the date code on that system ?
mark

SPF0 Offline OP
OP Offline
I am wondering if Comdial has a bad batch of voice mail boards.

Bruce,

In your email to me this morning you said it worked fine at your office. Did you get the protectors off the line? And Check the loop current? I thought we had this narrowed down to just a few possibilites earlier, did I miss something?
mark

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 159 guests, and 238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024