Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#30104 08/30/04 01:05 PM
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
Has anyone figured out a way to either Ghost a working hard drive mail and restore to a defective unit? I have 7 defective hard drive models and hate to have to send them in for repair. Debuts and others are no problem but I haven't figured this one yet. Thanks.

[Linked Image]
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Why can't you make back-up disks of one and load it on another? or Reload the software from the original disc's ? The software is available on the CCC website. I'd like to know how to do this with flash based systems, I've not had to do that yet.
mark

Admin
OP Offline
Admin
I haven't installed a hard drive based DX80 mail in over a year but I can't remember disks coming with them. The flash mails I been able format and reload but I 'm stumped when it comes to the laptop drive models. I don't know if you have to remove the drive and put it on a PC IDE port or if there is a way with the drive onbaord the mail card. Surely someone has tried and died or tried and succeeded. Thanks.

[Linked Image]
You do them the same way you do the PC Based Corporate office. And the VM board comes with a CD with everything on it, I'm looking at one right now, it's green and it's Key Voice software suite 8.5.9.1.1
Contact me directly. My email is in my Completed profile, if I can verify you are a tech with a legitamate need and use for the software I'll try to help you.
Mark

Is anyone finding that there are sigificant problems with the DX80 voice mail (flash and hard drive) that are causing continuous problems and need replacement?
Our most recent issue is a new hard drive voice mail for a DX80 that stops. The customer then reboots the system. Works fine for a few days then happens again. By the way, it is a 4 port voice mail.

spfo,
you and rather be fishing need to hook up. You guys are both working on the same trouble. A trouble that apparently Comdial Tech Support has been unable to resolve. The more that join the fight, the sooner the engineers will find a solution.
mark

Admin
OP Offline
Admin
We will not sell the Hard drive model any longer. Unfortunately I have quite a few out there. I have had minimal issues with the flash mail however. When it works it works great...I have 3 sites that experience a burst of less than 1 second of the factory default voice message instead of what has been custom recorded for the specific site. It is almost like the Auto Attendant stutters. 2 end users are not amused. Should have went to law school....

[Linked Image]
From my own experiences, the newer VMs (7270) don't like hard drives bigger than 20G or so. If I put a big one in it, it'll boot up fine once or twice, then it never works right again. If I put a small HDD in the same voice mail, it runs like a champ.
We use Norton Ghost for our systems. Just make a ghost image of a good one and use that image repeatedly. Works for flash card systems too (although there are actually 2 different 7271 voice mail boards, and their software doesn't play together quite right).

Have not messed with hard drive one. The Flash works fine. Have alot of them in. Just make sure you are on A33 software or A40. The other releases have issues.

Jim
SST Coomunications
Long Island New York

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
597 West Montauk Highway
Lindenhurst, New York 11757

631 956-0100

www.sstcom.com

Business telephone systems on Long Island and New York City like Comdial, Vertical, Avaya, Panasonic
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
I ended up with a couple utilities that will format and reload to default the flash drives. I believe you could also use this to install onto a different flash drive. I have not tried to recover a HDD model. I just sent one off for repair. It was the original HDD-based unit (before the flash model was even released), and was installed in 2001. It finally quit. It would have been nice to know that I could replace the drive myself, without any problems.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,629 Shoretel
189,518 CTX100 install
187,776 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Yoda, justbill), 114 guests, and 356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024