Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#30307 10/07/04 06:47 AM
Nick52 Offline OP
OP Offline
I am having an issue with a comdial dx-80 voiemail. I have a dx-80 with C28 firmware. There voice mail (7270C) was smoked by some kind of power surge or whatever. So I purchased a new voicemail for them (7270-k777) I installed it and everything seemed to work fine except for some kind of timing issue. When the extension is busy on the phone I have the phones set up to call fwd busy to their voice mail boxes. What happens is that when a caller gets that extensions when it is busy through the voice mail it goes right into their mailbox and you will miss the first few seconds of the greeting.

The greeting is recorded as "Hi you've reached so and so I'm not available please leave a message and I will get back with you as soon as possible."

You hear "not available please leavea message and I will get back with you as soon as possible."

Any idea's on what to change. I looked in the manual for timing issues and I didn't see anything for a busy fwd timer. Or some kind of delay. I have even had them try to record the greeting with like a 3-4 second pause in the beginning and it did the same thing. any and all suggestions are welcome.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#30308 10/07/04 08:14 AM
This happens to every mailbox?
Did you watch the call progress on Keylink while testing this?
I've seen them "clip" slightly and a pause at the beginning has always solved that, but I've not seen it this bad.
mark

#30309 10/27/04 04:05 AM
Nick52 Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by markk:
This happens to every mailbox?
Did you watch the call progress on Keylink while testing this?
I've seen them "clip" slightly and a pause at the beginning has always solved that, but I've not seen it this bad.
mark
</font>

I watched the progress with keylink. Everything seems to be fine. The voicemail answers and then you dial the digits and it receives the digits. Then it transfers the call. then it plays their greeting when the extension is busy. The problem is with every mailbox not just one. I have tried to pause in the greeting personally. Sometimes the customer says they pause for 5 seconds and it is like 2. So I re-recorded the message and paused as long as I could and it won't let me pause for more than 2-3 seconds. So I muted the phone when I was leaving the message and it still won't let me pause for more than 2-3sec. I tried putting pauses in the transfer times in the VoiceMail options, still the problem persists. I have switched out the backplane and the cpm boards thinking those may be having issues. Nothing seems to work. Is there anything I am missing to check. Or can anyone think of anything to do. I am thinking that the Voice Mail Board is bad possibly. But I don't want to say that because it is brand new! Any ideas are appreciated.

#30310 11/08/04 08:16 AM
Nick52 Offline OP
OP Offline
The problem was that the transfer was set to Wair for Ring. It needed to be set to Blind transfer. There is an explanation why not really in depth but it helps. It is in the voicemail Forum under Keyvoice. For anybody who is interested.

#30311 11/08/04 09:15 AM
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Nick:

Curious---
How did the Transfer get changed to "Wait for Ring"? The reason I ask this--is because I think that the default for all of the mailboxes is "Blind"--I'm wondering-- if you didn't change it, then 1.) They have changed the default or 2.) Maybe this VM was already programmed at some time. I keep all transfers "Blind"(for regular subscriber MBs) or "No transfer"(for guest MBs). The rest of the options, I really have never even fooled around with. I've never programmed any call queuing.

#30312 11/08/04 09:29 AM
Nick52 Offline OP
OP Offline
I changed it to Wait for Ring. I was always taught that if it is a blind transfer than the caller is not able to go to another extension once they enter a mailbox. So I have everything supervised. I was under the assumption that the wait for ring would be a supervised transfer mode. If I am wrong I would like to know so in the future I know what everything means. I read the description of the wait for ring mode and it made me think that it is the only option for supervised transfers.

#30313 11/08/04 10:34 AM
If you want to use a supervised transfer it would be best to use "screen" wait for ring and wait for answer are options for phone systems that aren't integrated to voice mail the way Comdial phone systems are. As for trying other ext. you can press "3" for other options in the voice mail box just have the user mention this in their greeting.

#30314 11/09/04 10:15 AM
Nick52 Offline OP
OP Offline
Well that makes perfect sense. I learned something new today. For some reason I was thining it was the other way. I was taught that way and that's why I was using that feature. Thanks

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,762
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,436 Shoretel
188,263 CTX100 install
187,072 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 85 guests, and 125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024