web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I need to get my Comdial SCS 8324SJ-FB to toggle Night/Day DVA answering mode set correctly. Right now, if the receptionist leaves for lunch, and the rest of the company is out too, the Night DVA is going out, so people think we're closed for the remainder of the day.

The manual says to press ICM/Intercom + 80; the result is a series of three beeps, the same for a busy extension.

Please help!

Thanks!

-Chris

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Pleas tell us what system you are on, FX series,DXP,DXP Plus or the DSU.

DJ

OP Offline
I believe it is DSU/DUS II as printed on the cover of my manual. We are running the "Small Office Lite System"

MORE DETAILS:

We are trying to change the outgoing DVA to DAY mailboox 800 (NIGHT is 801 and HOLIDAY is 802).

When I go into the Options Menu and Select "2" for "record your greeting" I am given a list of options by the voice instructions to 1) replay, 2) re-record, 3) delete, or 5) choose a new greeting [as found on page 112 of the Supervisor Guide 9.0, ver.1]

When I press 5, it says that "that is not a valid option", or something to that effect.

On the Small Office Lite Mailbox editor page, what should the setting for TRANSFER SCHEDULE be? Currently, it is set to DAY.

Thanks again,

-Chris

The anouncements scheduling is solely on the VM. The schedule for port answering is under the business hours screen. what box answers for each service is under the lines screen. You probably have lunch service going to night in the lines menu. Change it to 800 for lunch abnd your day message should play. I am assuming that you put the phone system in night service to change from live answer to VM answer.

Kerry

OP Offline
Thanks for your help, however, don't assume anything because I have never worked with this system or any other system before. I'm a computer guy who was recruited to solve the problem. That being said, when anyone gives a response, please be as detailed as possible...like I'm a 3rd grader! (LOL)

Can you be more detailed? You are using the term VM - does that mean voice mail? The manuals call the outgoing announcements DVA - digital voice announcing. Please try to be as exact as possible. Thanks.

I will go to the cpu and check those pages that were just referenced, but it's unclear just what to do.

Thanks,

-Chris

The outgoing message is not being supplied by a DVA most likely. VM is voice mail, which is what the Small Office Lite, is what is providing the message as you cited that 800 is day and 801 is nite. The screens that I refered to are in the database programming on the Voicemail.

HTH

Kerry

On the Business Hours page is the scedule for each day of the week for day and lunch services everything else is night service. Time is in 24hour format.

The Line screen allows you to assign a box that answers each port of the Voicemail under each service. Follow the schedule set up in the Business hours screen to have the right box answer on the lines screen.

HTH

Kerry

OP Offline
Thanks for the details.

So, I went into the system pages and made sure that the Business Hours were correct 09:00 -> 18:00 with LUNCH set for 12:00 -> 14:00.

In theory, couldn't I set LUNCH to equal the time when I want the system to answer from, let's say, 09:01 -> 17:59? Wouldn't that mean that the system would answer with the DAY greeting whenever the set number of unanswered rings is reached?

I also went to the lines page. There I found that the Number Of Rings for answering both 800, 801, and 803 were all set to 99. I changed the number to 4 for the 800 box; is the correct?

-Chris

You need to leave the number of rings to be set at 99.

This has been set by the installer that set up your system. The reason that is set is because the DSU is ringing all ports at once and the voicemail will answer all lines at once and will drop off the lines that do not need to be ansered after one of the first ports answers.
This is the way Comdial has to set up the DSU to work as an Auto-Attendant.

DJ

OP Offline
Thanks.

I put them all back to 99. About the other subject, will my system now answer with the day greet if the LUNCH hours are set properly?

-Chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,677 Shoretel
189,669 CTX100 install
187,872 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024