Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
mikael6 Offline OP
OP Offline
I am in process of learning phone and voice mail systems and have a lab setup at home. I can't get the phone system to talk to the voice mail server

I have a dxp plus phone system running release 174 with feature set 15b. I also have a voice mail server running win 2000 and keyvoice most recent version. It is running in demo mode because I don't have a dongle key. This is fine for me as from what I understand it works fine but just limits me to one line.

Here are facts:
The phone system is working fine. I can make internal and external calls

the voice mail server seems to be running fine as well. All keyvoice services are starting up fine

I have a dialogic d41d card in voice mail server and it is starting up fine and the service for it is running. No irq conflicts

I have a serial link between the voice mail server and the phone system. This appears to be working as the voice mail prompt displays on lcd of my impact lcd phones

I have all of the cabling setup so that the two should talk to each other. I have the ports on the dialogic card plugged into jacks that tie into ist ports on the ist card in the phone system

I setup the voicemail extensions in the phone system so it hunts through the 4 lines when trying to contact the phone system

Bottom line: When I hit the voice mail button on the impact phone, the phone system makes a clicking sound but nothing happens on the voice mail end. The phone system tries out each of four extensions for voice mail system but nothing happens on other end. I know the lines work as I (recommended by keyvoice manual) plugged industry standard phones into the phone jacks where the voice mail system plugs into and I dialed those extension numbers from an impact phone. The industry standard phones rang, so according to keyvoice, my wiring is ok.

I also made sure to record greetings in the appropriate routing boxes.

Since I am not an expert in this stuff, I am probably missing something stupid. I can't wait to get the voicemail working as that will be the final obstacle to me learning what I need to learn. Any help would be vastly appreciated. Sorry for the long message. Thank you!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Have you set up the Voicemail extension table within VMMI on the DXP Plus?

The clicking sound it the DXIST port trying to ring the voicemail port.
I think you have a wiring issue with the DXIST. The DXIST does not wire in order like the digital phones on the DXDST. It sounds like the programming is ok at this point.
Take an industry standard telephone and connect it to a DXIST port that is programmed for voicemail. you should only here one digit when you go off hook. that is the intergration digit.

Dlr920 is correct with the Voicemail exension table.

If you add the ports to the table it will make them vmail ports. Comdials vmail ports are different. They do not give you dialtone . They do everything by DTMF. So with your test phone when you go off hook you should here a digit and not dialtone. If you do, then they are set up as voicmail ports.

But this does not fix why you voicemail ports are not answering. If you are sending ring current to the voicemail and they do not answer, I would look at the Comdial.lnk in the voicemail. This should be under the vm dir.. There is a table in there that you have to tell the voicemail what the station numbers are that you made as the voicemail ports.

(This can also be done by running first time set up again.)

Good luck and let me know what you find.

------------------
[Linked Image from home.columbus.rr.com]

BIGDOG3 is right on about the voicemail ports. The voicemail attributes are set when you put the extensions in the v-mail hunt group. This is why you should never make changes in station programming on voicemail ports after you put them in the hunt link.

[This message has been edited by CMDL_GUY (edited November 12, 2004).]

One trouble shooting hint, plug a CO line into the voice mail ports and check to see if it might be dialogic card. As I understand it you have built this one yourself?

Kerry

mikael6 Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dlr920:
Have you set up the Voicemail extension table within VMMI on the DXP Plus?</font>

Yes, I did this and the phone system dials each of the four ports in this group when I try to check voice mail.

mikael6 Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CMDL_GUY:
The clicking sound it the DXIST port trying to ring the voicemail port.
I think you have a wiring issue with the DXIST. The DXIST does not wire in order like the digital phones on the DXDST. It sounds like the programming is ok at this point.
Take an industry standard telephone and connect it to a DXIST port that is programmed for voicemail. you should only here one digit when you go off hook. that is the intergration digit.

</font>

Yes, this is exactly what happens, if I plug an ist phone into jack where voice mail server normally plugs into, I here the one digit. I have punched down the red, green, yellow and black wires on 66 block by going both ways, i.e. red, green, etc. and green, red, etc. Either way, I have same problem. I did read in dxp manual that wires should start with red, then green for punching down for ist cards.

mikael6 Offline OP
OP Offline
One more thing:
I spoke with an installer who mentioned that I should run pbxexpert.exe pbx setup program again on the voice mail system and specify the setting for inband integration (standard integration) instead of out of band integration. He said this is necessary because I don't have the key dongle. He said that without the dongle, the out of band integration through serial port won't work, so I need to do inband. I will try this when I get home.

mikael6 Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bigkayeh:
One trouble shooting hint, plug a CO line into the voice mail ports and check to see if it might be dialogic card. As I understand it you have built this one yourself?

Kerry
</font>

I am not quite sure what you mean on this. I am confident the card is a dialogic card as I bought it off of ebay and it looks exactly like it should when comparing it with the picture of the card in the keyvoice manual. Do you mean that the card might be defective? If so, I am not sure how to use the co line to test to see if the card is defective. Please let me know how so I can try this. thx!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,586 Shoretel
189,465 CTX100 install
187,619 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (metelcom), 149 guests, and 238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024