web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Does anyone know if Comdial NO308
cna be used with D/4 dialogic board.
I have the D/4 installed in a PC autodialing
numbers.

The idea is to connect the autodialer to
KSU or PBX that would allow it to make a
direct call, and when the D/4 detects that someone picked up on the far end, it would
transfer the call to to the station with
live agent connected to the KSU. Does anyone
know if Comdial NO308 would do the job (recognize the commands from D/4)?

If not what other KSU/PBX could be used for
this?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Ilya

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
I would think that, first off, you would have to have a system that has analog ports --hooking your dialer up to an analog port, programming it to dial "9" to get an outside line, dial, then when if it hears an answer to hookflash and xfer to an agent, when the agents' extension rings--he picks it up and starts his script. I don't know, however if all of that will happen quickly enough, so that the person won't hang up. I know that when my phone rings, and I say hello, if the other end doesn't respond quickly---I hang up. The 308 does not have the capability for analog(s/l) ports---perhaps a Comdial 408 DSU I with ATI adapters, or a Partner ACS, or something like that would work. Alot of "ifs" in the programming of your dialer, though. Almost any phone system will be expecting certain "tones" and you'll have to be sure that those strings can be sent by your dialer. Good Luck.

The 308 will accept analog devices if you install an ATI-X module that will convert two ports to IST ports. Having said that I would still not count on the NO308 working veyr well for your application

Thanks Steve. It's been quite a while since I've even seen a Comdial 308--and I had forgotten about any analog adapter that would work with them. I don't even know if they are functional as far as transfers go. I'm putting in a T/R Connector on a AT&T Spirit next week..and notice in the documentation that transfer capability does not seem to be there for that unit. Some of these earlier analog adapters had some real limitations as to what they could do.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy), 124 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024