web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Can anyone give me some insight into what might be going on with a Dx-80 and voice mail issue? It seems to be locking up frequently. When it goes down, there is usually a line that shows is in use, but no one is on the line in the office. It will not let you access the line and at the same time the voice mail locks up and no one can get into there mailbox, the auto attendant stops, and when i dial 433 or 157 it just keeps on ringing. Ive been telling the customer to reboot the system(to get the vm back and the line). This seems to do the trick but its not to conveniant (sp) to have to rebbot the system every other day. Plus its a new install and its happened 7 times since it was put in ( 2 weeks ago). Thanks Fellas.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

you need to go on site, boot up key link and bomb the system with calls to see what's happening. My guess is you have a disconnect supervision issue on one or more lines. This is an A33 system?
mark

What's the temp of the room where the switch is installed? Below 50 F can cause this.

------------------

ElectSys Tech LLC
Hosted Phone Systems Solutions Provider
Allworx, Sangoma, FreePBX
Telephone & computer systems in the Jefferson City, Columbia MO area.
OP Offline
Its F39 Mark. And its mounted on a wall in a temperature controlled room at about70 degrees. Next time I go in ill check it in keylink.

If your calls are ringing in to a UCD group, I'm going to want to know how you have them set up. You may have a timer or re-rout issue sending callers in a loop which will lock up when all ports are full. Especially if you have disconnect supervision issues as well.
mark

OP Offline
I do have the lines programmed to ring a hunt group. Hunt group #6 (415). Also I have noticed that sometimes when I call, I get the AA and when I go to get transfered to a certain ext it just rings about 20 times and then goes back to the AA not the mailbox. I need to get back in there and check my parameters. Something hokey is goin on in there. Its 1 small building with 2 different tenants. Only 10 Phones. I followed the advice Comdial Tech support and kept then under 1 tenant and changed different ringing asignments, but now the time switching is getting hosed because 1 tenant is open on saturday and the other is closed. Now they are gripeing about the recordings. Sorry for flooding you with drama but its turing into a nightmare. Also I did not do the f39 upgrade. Would this matter? Thanks Bro.

Comdial is trying to keep it simple for you.

2 tenents, different operating hours, you have to do it right.

For anyone else listening, it's best to set these senarios in your shop and test them.

If your running F39, your running F39, what do you mean you haven't "upgraded" yet?
I'd bet you have programming issues. If you have a modem in it and you want support, I'll download it and take a look at what you have going on. Email me if you want help. If not, get back in the manual and set them up as 2 tenents, each with there own parameters.
mark

OP Offline
Mark, the upgrade i was referring to is the voice mail upgrade. Although the upgrade is available, its not necessary to preform it as the system should still function correctly (at least this is what I was told). NO modem in it Mark, but i really appreciate your insight and the help you are offering. Im just going to go in there and set up 2 tenants and try a fresh database. I really appreciate your prompt responses and insight. Thanks buddy.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,111 Shoretel
187,716 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, OBT), 57 guests, and 409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024