Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#31381 03/11/05 03:57 AM
Nick52 Offline OP
OP Offline
I am trying to work our SMDA/SMDR reports on our FXS phone system. It is an FXS-224 Feature set 15B. I have turned it on in the VMMI programming and what I want it to do is to put it into a file on the computer. It is a windows based system. How would I go about having it set up to do that. All I want is for it to tell me which stations are making which phone calls. Pretty simple. I have been looking through the VMMI help and through different manuals but I just can't seem to do it right. Please let me know.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#31382 03/11/05 04:23 AM
You need to have Hyperterm or Procomm running on the com port that reports are sent to and need to have that program capture the report to a text file. Procomm can be setup to run daily through an Aspect script I ve be working on on but haven't got it quite right yet, but would like to see what someone else might have.

Kerry

#31383 03/11/05 04:30 AM
Just noticed that you said it was an fxs system . Are you wanting to capture it on voicemail computer? This would need a free com port on the computer while the reports are running and it might be beter to send it to a com port on the fxs that can be hooked up to a stand alone computer for reports. That computer can be any old computer that you have spare and be networked to your network so you can retrieve the reports remotely.

Kerry

#31384 03/11/05 06:48 AM
Nick52 Offline OP
OP Offline
I would like to have it connected to the voicemail computer. If it is too difficult to do it that way than we can try to connect to another computer it will just have to be wired like 100' away or so. There is no room for another computer in that room.

#31385 05/03/05 04:49 AM
I have both FXS and FXII systems and I capture using a program called ComCap from Magenta Systems Ltd (https://www.magsys.co.uk/). This is a serial capture utility that is stable, small and good at what it does.

I run it on an independent box because the voicemail machine is less the bulletproof - not impressed with it in the least.

#31386 05/03/05 07:36 AM
I see allot of software being ran on the voicemail computer other then the vmail software. I do not recommed running anything other then the software Keyvoice has put on.

I have customers that put software on the computer and then complain that the vmail locks up or is slow. When they removed their software it runs fine. Then they blame the computer or Keyvoice.

If you want to collect smda/smdr do it from another machine. Keyvoice has designed the platform to run their products not their products and anything else the I.T. departments think should be on the machines.

If they would put the voicemail on platform that would handle everything the I.T. department wants to put onit, then you would get complaints of how much it cost. Heck they compplain now.

------------------
[Linked Image from home.columbus.rr.com]

PARALLEL TECHNOLOGIES INC.

WWW.ABUGSEYEVIEW.COM

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,761
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,436 Shoretel
188,229 CTX100 install
187,072 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 58 guests, and 134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024