web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Mark,
Have you done a trace on the VM to see what the switch is sending?

Kerry

------------------
[Linked Image from commsmith.com]
CommSmith \"Forging telephone and data solutions.\"

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The 2 is what tells the voice mail to go directly to the mail box greeting. If you would go into each mailbox that doesn't have a phone associated with it and set the transfer to "no transfer" it will work.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Punch Down:
The 2 is what tells the voice mail to go directly to the mail box greeting. If you would go into each mailbox that doesn't have a phone associated with it and set the transfer to "no transfer" it will work.</font>

PD, I don't think it will, if the user is pressing VM XFR then dialing a non-existent extension. I've run into this before, and run a trace. The phone system send no digits, if it even transfers at all. I can't remember whether adding the 2 after the extension causes it to send the digits or not.

------------------
[Linked Image from sigcomsys.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA

I have a medical facility that has a bunch of off site nurses for elder care, each has a bogus mailbox on a old DSU with corp. office, at least a hundred boxes. No Transfer works just as punch said.
At least it does here and has for some time.
mark

But aren't we talking about a call that is being transferred to voicemail from a live answer, not from auto attendant?

------------------
[Linked Image from sigcomsys.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA

It doesn't matter if it is a live transfer by a live person or if by Auto Attendant, anytime you have the "Transfer Type" set to no transfer in the mailbox, then the VM is not going to try and transfer to an extension, but will go directly to that VM boxes active greeting. You have two transfer types here: 1) The switch doing direct transfers to any port on it. 2) The VM doing transfers to any port on the switch. In what has been disputed here by all is the ability of the VM not to do a "Transfer" which will result in the caller hearing the VM boxes active greeting. I have been doing this scenario since 1996 all the way back to KeyVoice version 8.1. What Mark3906 was saying in his initial post is the transfer to an extension by the switch to a non-existant extension. That won't work regardless, Zero equals Zero.

Use a station hunt group with a pilot number that is equal to the teacher's mailbox number. Make each voicemail port a member of the hunt group and set the search option to TERMINAL. This should work for you. Also, you will not need to use the XVM; just transfer to the pilot number using a normal transfer sequence.
Good Luck.

I asked Mark to unlock this thread (A LONG TIME AGO), so I could add something to it. I'm just now getting back to it. Sorry to drag this back up, but I felt the extra info would help in future searches.

I found that the system is looking for a total of 4 digits. If it doesn't recognize the 3 digits as being a valid extension, it won't send digits to voicemail when you hang up. The reason some people may have never run into this before is if they used 4-digit extensions. This problem doesn't seem to exist when using 4-digit extensions, but it does with 3-digit. If you add a 2 (or any other digit for that matter, as long as it's translated in voicemail), the digits will be sent over to voicemail when the transferring party hangs up. A little quirky, but how I found it to work. This is good information to remember if using 3-digit extensions and wanting to be able to do VM Xfr to mailbox-only numbers.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,833
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,590 Shoretel
189,476 CTX100 install
187,623 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 179 guests, and 347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024