web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Kart46 Offline OP
OP Offline
On the 4-port flash Key Voice system for the DX-80, how do you change the Directory Box to search FIRST names instead of LAST names. On the KeyLink DX software I see a field for both first and last names under each mailbox.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Please update your personal info.

You need to reverse the name's in the name field and also redo a file in the vm directory. There is an easy step by step in the manual.

------------------
BIGDOG3c
[Linked Image from home.columbus.rr.com]

PARALLEL TECHNOLOGIES INC.

WWW.ABUGSEYEVIEW.COM

Kart46 Offline OP
OP Offline
Not sure what information you would like updated.

I looked in the manual but could not find the procedure. I have "Comdial Corporate Office DX Installation Manual" -- is there another manual that I am missing perhaps?

Admin
Admin
Your profile requires an email address minimum. Preferably a web site also. This is so that it can be verified in case someone is using the info given for malicious purposes. You are probably going to get better results by hiring a local certified tech to come in and fix your issues. These are all minor however keep in mind you are asking those of us who make a living at this to help you for free.

------------------
[Linked Image from commserveinc.com]

Business Phone Systems

[Linked Image]
Kart46 Offline OP
OP Offline
“Better results...” I tried to be upfront about my situation. If I didn’t mention the fact that I installed the system myself, you would have just answered the question rather than lecture me about hiring a professional. I've had the system for over a year now, and have been attempting to get support on trivial issues ever since. As soon as people become aware of the circumstances in which the unit was bought and installed, their solution instantly becomes: "hire someone who knows what they're doing."

I understand that everyone here makes a living off their programming skills. However, I don’t think it would kill you to answer a few simple questions. I’ve used the Novell Forums countless times to troubleshoot networking problems and they have never recommended hiring someone to fix them, or mention the fact that their job is to set up networks. That alternative is obvious; people posting on the forums are looking for a more cost effective solution. I’d much rather get a simple answer to a basic question rather than pay a $250/hr labor charge for some “tech” to switch my directory from last names to first names.

Well it looks like I could have avoided all of this by lying from the beginning and starting my post with: “My customer wants to switch the directory from last names to first names...”

Admin
Admin
What do you do for a living? Do you give your services for free? If you had lied it would have been very apparent early on that you were in to something that might require a little more expertise. You have had this system a year and could have fixed your issues for less a 2 hour service call from a trained professional. That's not a very good return on investment. Pick up the phone, call a certified Comdial tech and relieve your stress. Good luck.

------------------
[Linked Image from commserveinc.com]

Business Phone Systems

[Linked Image]
Your getting a little bent out of shape for somebody that is asking for something for free.

If you had a general end user question, we will be more than happy to help out.

Your question is a question that takes an installer to do, To get to this level we have PAID to go to school and learn how to do the things you are asking to do.

Why should we PAY for school just to answer questions for free to people that should PAY an installer to do the work?

Again, if this was a general admin/user question we would be more then happy to answer.

P.S. We would have found out with in a couple of more questions that you were not an installer.

So that would not have worked [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

My best solution would be to by a manual, see header above.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

------------------
BIGDOG3c
[Linked Image from home.columbus.rr.com]

PARALLEL TECHNOLOGIES INC.

WWW.ABUGSEYEVIEW.COM

[This message has been edited by BIGDOG3c (edited May 26, 2005).]

Kart46, whatever your profession is, if you take all the time you wasted on the phone system, put that time into your business, which I hope you are good at, you would pay for the service call and have a nice profit to boot. And your phone system would have been presenting the professional image you wanted for the past year.!!! Sorry Bro but facts are facts. You can learn to be a plumber at home with plenty of time, but most business depends on the phones. Get a relationship with someone local who can support you if possible. Then when an emergency crops up you can call someone who might give a flip about your business. Here in Texas when the storms come through we get the "come quick system dead calls" . Guess who we want to help first?? When its smomeone I have never heard from my first question is Who is your regular vendor and why are you calling me?? If they had a vendor who is out of business, great I have a new customer. But many of the calls are from
people who DIY or have not paid thier vendor for the last service call, in either case they are in the NO ZIP CODE dead letter bin ,
if there is no other calls to do I might go on a COD basis. Customers I know, if I don't need to go on site, I will tell them what to do over the phone if thats possible. And yes, anyone can set up a network, but if not done properly it can come back and bite you in the but and cost big bucks in the long run!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,799 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 168 guests, and 234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024