web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#36357 03/20/07 12:23 AM
OP Offline
Will be removing a DSU and replacing with an FXII re-using the Debut VM. Will I need to run first time set up again so the Debut works properly with the FXII?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Yes you will. The business hours field will default when you do it also, but the mailboxes won't go away. See my FXII with debut VM posted yesterday. I am beating my head with integration. Curious if yours goes without a hitch.

RUSS K.
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Russ, it doesn't sound like yours is an integration issue. It's more to do with IST use, I think.

Stepswitch, I agree with Russ. Go thru First Time Setup from the phone (Debut requires it to be done from the phone). We've moved a Debut from a DSU to a FXII in the past, and it seemed to go just fine. Just go back thru and check your settings once the First Time Setup has completed. You might want to back up (or document) any special things you may have added to the VM.CFG file. Also, if you added anything special in the TRANS.TXT file, you should document it, and then adapt it for the new translations.

Are you going from 2-digit to 3-digit? If so, that will probably keep you busy if you are going to move user info, messages, etc. to new 3-digit boxes. I would suggest having everyone clear all messages, as it will make the job go more smoothly.

OP Offline
Thanks for the info. Just to clarify, when I do first time set up for the FXII it does not clear out all box info? How involved is it to go from 2 digit to 3 digit boxes?

Don't use First Time Setup to create boxes, but do allow it to update MWL info, if that option is given. Once First Time Setup is complete, go check Prototype Box 9994, and make sure it's as you want the new boxes to be. Then exit out to DOS and run MAKEBOX (see I&M Manual for details), using 9994 as your template. That will allow you to create the new 3-digit boxes. Then, once you're sure you are done with the 2-digit boxes, you can eventually delete them. You should actually be able to copy name and greeting recordings from right in the mailbox screen, before deleting the 2-digit boxes. Like I said, though, give the customer the expectation that all existing messages will be going away, so they are motivated to check all messages. That will make your job easier, as you won't have to go manually forward (or auto-forward) any messages. If you're using box 888 with Auto-Forward (or any other boxes with Auto-Forward), don't forget to change the box that you're Auto-Forwarding to.

Good luck to you!

Some things for people still reading this thread (since it was kind of old).

Wink start means the equipment (CO and CPE) actually send a 'wink' signal at one another, in E&M communications (in this case) so each knows the other is ready. Then digits are sent.

PRI is digital, NOT analog. You cannot use an Analog card (anybody's analog card) with a Digital circuit, and certainly not PRI.

Analog does not support Digital signalling methods, which in the case of PRIs are using a "D-Channel" is considered out-of-band or NFAS signaling at the DS1/T1 level.

Analog must use in-band, aka FAS, or CAS, in the case of T1/DS1s, signalling.

FAS/NFAS are different as you scale up above the T1/DS1, for reasons not germaine to this discussion, so for those of you that know what I mean, that's why I'm not discussing it here.

--
Only the fool fears asking a question.
Admin
Admin
??? I assume this was a mis post.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,542 Shoretel
189,425 CTX100 install
187,593 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (tech3500, Toner), 147 guests, and 185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024